Trusted Contributor

Re: Neighbor’s House Paint

@Biftu Just as a follow up on this house paint debacle. The next door neighbors that painted their house the same color as mine just came over and gave me a hug and apologized for painting their house the same color as mine.  They said it looked bluer in the can and they felt bad when they saw it on the house.  What's done is done, but I feel better that they mentioned it and apologized.  All's well.

*Wow, that was so kind of your neighbor! It would make me feel so much better about them as well.

From experience I know colors, especially exterior ones, can look so different than a swatch.

It was just a mistake and maybe they'll do something to differentiate their home now that they know and feel bad about it. Fingers crossed that they do!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Trusted Contributor

@Sage04 

I love SW Agreeable Grey, most of my interior walls are painted that color....

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 ....oh, purple would be beautiful for my front door !  Would you happen to know the 'name' of the color that your 'bro' painted his door?  Sounds lovely !!

Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

@kaydee50 ....oh, purple would be beautiful for my front door !  Would you happen to know the 'name' of the color that your 'bro' painted his door?  Sounds lovely !!

Sorry, but they've been living there for 20 years and don't remember what color they picked.  It was eye catching though not a bright purple.  I liked it!

Esteemed Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

Just as a follow up on this house paint debacle. The next door neighbors that painted their house the same color as mine just came over and gave me a hug and apologized for painting their house the same color as mine.  They said it looked bluer in the can and they felt bad when they saw it on the house.  What's done is done, but I feel better that they mentioned it and apologized.  All's well.

@Biftu  isn't that something? That's why I always buy the sample first so I can see the shade I need. Also when buying paint there are so many brochures that show you what it would look like and also you can see it on the computer. Plus a dot of the pain is usually on the top of the can once it's mixed.

So what color is her door?

@Sage04   Yet to be determined.  They haven't painted it yet, but I have a feeling after their apology for the house color, they will choose a different color than mine -- I hope!

Esteemed Contributor

@Biftu  they will paint the door a different color for sure. Unless the paint for the door looks red in the can only to find out it's burgandy just like yours lol.

Valued Contributor

Obviously it's a compliment. They are attracted to your home and want theirs to blend in.
Be grateful they didn't choose PURPLE LOL.
Honored Contributor

My parents' house has been grey for over fifty years. The last time they had it painted, it came out looking more blue than they'd intended.  I know stores can computer-match anything these days, but this may have pre-dated that.