Respected Contributor

I am very anxious as had a mammogram last week and got letter that I need more images taken of an area, however my dr. office hasn't called me back yet. Am very nervous. Have any of you had this experience and what can it mean?  Of course am thinking the worst!   TIA.

Valued Contributor

t happened to me several times.  Somerimes it's just the angle.  I worried too but try not to and make your next appt. and get it overwith.  

Respected Contributor

Yes I have had to go back. Mine was just a bit of deoderant that was not completely off. It can be anything that they just need a clearer picture.

Trusted Contributor

I have had call backs for a mammogram that needed clarification. They used a different machine that takes more detailed pictures and all turned out just fine. 
You can choose to drive yourself crazy and stay terrified, or control your imagination and go back to see it through.  

Your doctor isn't calling you until there is something to discuss. Don't read everything as a sign of doom. Choose to be realistic: until you are told bad news there is no news. Just a repeat mammogram. 

Respected Contributor

I have twice but very dense breast tissue.  I was fine but I do worry because history of breast cancer in family.

I always pray for the best but you never know.  I worry about it and hard not to but better to find sooner than later.  

Try not to worry and I know not easy.  You will do what you need to.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Need your help

[ Edited ]

Very common - it's happened to me several times.  Once I had to have an ultrasound and was even referred to a surgeon. It was nothing. I have scattered dense breast tissue.  And like others said - sometimes it's the angle and other reasons.  Try not to worry - I know it's easy to say.  Good luck!

And IF you would have breast cancer worry doesn't help anyway - you'll do what you have to do to deal with it.  

Honored Contributor

I've gotten that letter before, so I understand your anxiety.

My doctor didn't call me about the letter, I just had to make a new appt at the radiology place for new pictures.  After the pictures they took me to a room to do an ultrasound.

I agree with the advice to stay off google and just get the next appt that you can to get new pictures.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I got my letter the Friday afternoon of a 3 day weekend, so it was a very long weekend for me.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Yes, I had the same thing happen back in the 80's. Since then I have always found a center that does mammograms with results before you leave the facility. Once about 10 or so years ago I needed a fine needle biopsy which was all done before I went home..same day.

I have countless numbers of friends who do the same as I do now because of call back calls from facilities that don't read their mammograms until hours later, so it is common to get a call back. Please let us know how things turn out and saying a little prayer for you that all goes well @KKJ .

Super Contributor

Re: Need your help

[ Edited ]

I have been called back a couple times because they needed more views.  Of course I worried each time for nothing.  I now go to a place where I sit and wait until a my scans are viewed by radiology to see if they need any other pics before I get dressed.  Saves me the extra worry.