Honored Contributor

Jack Nicklaus reveals he had COVID-19

[ Edited ]

Jack revealed that he and his wife both had COVID-19 a few months ago, in March. They have both recovered. His wife was asymptomatic while Jack had some symptom, a sore throat and a cough, but they both recovered at home. Jack and his wife Barbara are both 80 years old. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Jack Nicklaus reveals he had COVID-19

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

Jack revealed that he and his wife both had COVID-19 a few months ago, in March. They have both recovered. His wife was asymptomatic while Jack had some symptom but they both recovered at home. Jack and his wife Barbara are both 80 years old. 

That is great to know that he and his wife recovered.  He should be here at this year's Master's Tournament which is now scheduled in November.  He and two others start the tournament each year by "teeing off".  For now it is in November, but probably won't be any fans.....we shall see.

Esteemed Contributor

So good news then. Both in theirs 80's and recovered. One was even asytomatic. Keep posting the good news.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for posting this.  So many people assume that people who get the virus will die. Not true. A greater percentage recover. 

Why do newscasts want to focus on the bad (people getting the virus) and not also show the good (people recovering)?

Appreciate you taking the time to show that just because you get the virus, it does not necessarily mean the end of the world for you. Heart

Honored Contributor

Isn't he at his own tournament now in Ohio, the Memorial that had to be postponed from earlier?
He designed the golf course. I think I read Tiger Woods is there.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:
Isn't he at his own tournament now in Ohio, the Memorial that had to be postponed from earlier?

@Pearlee @Yes, we watched him in a video, speaking from elsewhere, during his tournament this afternoon. We watch The Golf Channel.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee @Yes, we watched him in a video, speaking from elsewhere, during his tournament this afternoon. We watch The Golf Channel.

Jack is at the tournament. He's just doing his "thing" from a different spot on the course (I'm going to guess the clubhouse from the looks of it) than the broadcasters are. 

Edited to add: I got to play one of Jack's courses, Harbor Shores, last fall. It was beautiful, but extremely difficult. I'm hoping to play The Bear this fall, and then American Dunes when it opens next year. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Thanks for posting this.  So many people assume that people who get the virus will die. Not true. A greater percentage recover. 

Why do newscasts want to focus on the bad (people getting the virus) and also show the good (people recovering)?

Appreciate you taking the time to show that just because you get the virus, it does not necessarily mean the end of the world for you. Heart

@World Traveler, I think we all know this. The data tells us. You just subtract the deaths from the cases.

But if we didn't focus on the seriousness of this virus -- its often severe hit to the body and the number of deaths -- I can't imagine how many more people would tend to not take seriously.

This elderly couple is very fortunate.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Far, far more people recover than die.  So many that one doesn’t need to be “very fortunate” to survive. 

It isn’t even clear whether this “elderly couple” was hospitalized.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

jack-barbara-nicklaus.jpg

Awww,  what truly great news about one of the world's greatest, most celebrated athletes and his terrific wife--  a fabulous couple.

So pleased for them.

2.1324184-2048x1152.jpg