Frequent Contributor

I've had good luck with t-shirts from Lands End.

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama ..............try the Duluth Trading Company.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

I am a 70+ lady who loves a white tee shirt.  For years I've purchased nice cotton tee shirts from Land's End with no problem. 

The problem now that I need a new, fresh supply is that every one I've purchased lately you can clearly see my bra through it. 

Now, I'm not a prude, but I am older and chunkier and I noticed the last time I wore my latest purchase that I got some rather amused looks (for lack of a better word) and I was terribly self conscious the rest of the day.  (It was at an elementary school function which even made it worse) 

Does anyone have a suggestion for a white tee shirt that you cannot completely see through? 

@Georgiagrama   Isaac's tees are made thicker. Thicker though means warmer. I usually wear hsi tees in cooler weather. Cotton has become expensive and sometimes thinner. You may want to look for a cotton blend.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

If you wear underwear that is the same color as your skin, it will not show through your clothing

@Desertdi   I agree. Also maybe sizing up one size keeps the tee from being too close to the body. A tee shirt bra without lace and a bit of lining is a must for me.

Respected Contributor

For sure I would wear a nude color bra.

Valued Contributor

Belk's brand, Kim Rogers, has very nice inexpensive tee shirts. They are usually folded and displayed on several flat counters. I bought a white/three quarter sleeve one in the early Spring. It is not too thin or see through and the quality is very good. The tee shirts at Belk's are manufactured in both petite and regular sizing. The tee shirts come in solid colors as well as very cute prints.

Esteemed Contributor

From one 70ish to another....might go up a size.

Esteemed Contributor

I always thought you were supposed to wear a black bra to keep bra from showing.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

I agree with @Desertdi  100%.  Wear underwear similar to the color of your skin!!   

Gosh, I wish I had known that 40 years ago when I got married.  When my husband saw me for the first time wearing my dress his immediate comment to me was "I can see the outline of your bra"!  That for sure was not the first response I had wanted to hear).  I guess he was right, but I did not know any better.  As they say, live and learn!

Respected Contributor

LLBean has great supima T shirts. Not see through at all.