Trusted Contributor

@Desertdi  If you doubt this is true, just put a red tank top, t shirt or any red fabric between your skin and a white shirt you're wearing and see how much you're able to see it.

Honored Contributor

@decaf wrote:

@Desertdi  If you doubt this is true, just put a red tank top, t shirt or any red fabric between your skin and a white shirt you're wearing and see how much you're able to see it.

@decaf      I don't own any clothing in red or white......I only wear navy blue (it all goes in the same wash load)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Regular Contributor

Re: Need suggestions

[ Edited ]

I find the Croff and Barrel from Kohl'swhite tees to be great.  No see through and soft material.  Lately, I have only been able to get them on line, however.

Honored Contributor

I buy Christopher and Bank tees.  There is no see through.  I have several in white.

Trusted Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@decaf      I don't own any clothing in red or white......I only wear navy blue (it all goes in the same wash load)

If that's the case you didn't need to wonder or ask me questions me about my suggestion for the OP..
Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama @You could not see through this one on Amy. 

A378534
Isaac Mizrahi Live! Essentials Pima Cotton Wide Sleeve T-Shirt
Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama @You could not see through this one on Amy. You can view presentation video on air if you want to see it.

A378534
Isaac Mizrahi Live! Essentials Pima Cotton Wide Sleeve T-Shirt
Trusted Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

I am a 70+ lady who loves a white tee shirt.  For years I've purchased nice cotton tee shirts from Land's End with no problem. 

The problem now that I need a new, fresh supply is that every one I've purchased lately you can clearly see my bra through it. 

Now, I'm not a prude, but I am older and chunkier and I noticed the last time I wore my latest purchase that I got some rather amused looks (for lack of a better word) and I was terribly self conscious the rest of the day.  (It was at an elementary school function which even made it worse) 

Does anyone have a suggestion for a white tee shirt that you cannot completely see through? 

I gave up on white T-shirts and get white tanks instead. I don't like to expose my arms so I am a fan of scarf tops and loose fitting kimono jackets and dusters. I live in Arizona and this combination provides cool, comfortable clothing with lots of options, most of which I find on QVC.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I also forgot about JCP St Johns Bay.  Always got nice ones from kohl’s, but they are not as thick anymore.  Will try LLB or Lands End. Nothing better than fresh white tees.  I replace them every season.   Get washed and worn ALOT.  

Trusted Contributor
I always wear white t-shirts, but you can't see thru them because I wear a nude bra, as others have said. It's not the t-shirt that's the problem...it's the bra. At least that's what I've found.