Esteemed Contributor

Need a Good Coffee Pot

[ Edited ]

My 7th electric percolator (in 4 years) just stopped working. I just had a Presto elec. perk. from Costco and it lasted one month - WOW! They're all made in China and totally defective.So - now I'm looking for a good drip coffee pot that makes HOT coffee --- no bells & whistles like programmable, clocks, etc. I prefer a basket that doesn't need a filter. 4 to 12 cups would work. I don't want anything Keurig.

Can u recommend a brand and model #????

I just started drinking instant coffee and I HATE IT.

Respected Contributor

Get a good, ol’ cheap Mr. Coffee.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a Bunn (same brand used in diners, etc) and I love it. Coffee brews quickly and comes out hot.

This from a gal that was a die-hard perc coffee girl.

Esteemed Contributor

We have a Breville and so does our son (professional chef).  DH is a coffee aficionado and insisted on this (it's about $250).

Honored Contributor

Plain, generic Walmart Mainstay $10

coffee pot.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I love this because you just lift off that clear side tank and take to sink to fill, no more pouring pitcher of water into coffee tank. I will never go back to old method. $79.99 Amazon Ninja 12-Cup Programmable Brewer CE251 Coffee Maker, 60 oz, Black/Stainless Steel

13D7E949-4810-4FBC-9AD8-57A993476AFF.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need a Good Coffee Pot

[ Edited ]

I tossed my Keurig a couple of years ago and have a Hamilton Beach, bought at BJ's for about $30. It does have a digital clock and is easily programmable if you decide to use that feature but you don't have to. Has been starting the brewing cycle at 4:30am faithfully every morning for the past 2 years.Now that I said it out loud (so to speak) it'll probably cr*p out on me tomorrow morning. Keeps the coffee hot for 2 hours then shuts itself off.

Trusted Contributor

@kivah  - if you want to stay with a percolator, I would recommend Farberware.  It's fast, a cup a minute, and hot.  I've had mine forever.  I take it with me when I travel by car (I have to drink decaf and am particular about my coffee).  For everyday, I use a Hamilton Beach drip coffee maker.

Respected Contributor

@kivah wrote:

My 7th electric percolator (in 4 years) just stopped working. I just had a Presto elec. perk. from Costco and it lasted one month - WOW! They're all made in China and totally defective.So - now I'm looking for a good drip coffee pot that makes HOT coffee --- no bells & whistles like programmable, clocks, etc. I prefer a basket that doesn't need a filter. 4 to 12 cups would work. I don't want anything Keurig.

Can u recommend a brand and model #????

I just started drinking instant coffee and I HATE IT.

@kivah So glad to see this because my old coffee maker stopped last week. The switch went bad. If my fil were still alive he’d probably be able to fix it. Anyway, I’m searching now too, so I’ll be watching all the suggestions here.

Son offered to buy me a Breville since he really likes his but told him no. Don’t want him spending his $ on me.  I’m leaning toward a cheapy.

Esteemed Contributor

My sisters and I own Cuisinart and we love it.