Highlighted
Respected Contributor

The name of a former talk show host who has MS....sold a few small appliances on the Q....help....it's making me crazy...

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Need Help Remembering....

Montel Williams??

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@judy0330wrote:

Montel Williams??

Yes...thank you!!  Now I'll be able to sleep tonight......maybe.....

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Confucius says don’t listen to a tolerance lecture from a bully.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew 1OM Gosh, I do the EXACT same thing when I'm trying to remember something!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew 1wrote:

My trick to remembering things so I can go to sleep is: go through the alphabet. Once you hit M, it triggers Montel. I told my husband that and he won a contest that way.

@Nancy Drew 1

that is a great way to try and remember something.

what i usually do is go to sleep thinking about the question or problem. then what happens is is that i wake up in the middle of the night and all of  sudden remember it.....THEN i cannot get back to sleep. LOL

"If everything around you seems dark, look again. You may be the light." - Rumi
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes!  Reciting the Alphabet seems to almost always work for me. 

Except one of a few times when I tried to recall 'Sen-Sen's.  I finally asked someone about fifteen or twenty years older than me, who instantly remembered. 

(Sen-Sens are (were) those teeny-tiny square black licorice breath mints.)

Whenever I think of them, I definitely/immediately recall their scent in my mom's purse. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I do that, too!  Not that it always works as I get older, but it's been very helpful over the decades.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Nancy Drew 1wrote:

My trick to remembering things so I can go to sleep is: go through the alphabet. Once you hit M, it triggers Montel. I told my husband that and he one a contest that way.

What a GREAT idea, Nancy Drew!!! Thx much, I will use this, drives me crazy when I can't remember something! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

'It's something' that our brains automatically 'zero in' onto something (an alphabet letter) and quickly recall the name or subject, etc.   It might take a bit of time, repeating the initial letter, but it does work.  Eventually.   Better than not at all, and that's for sure.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).