Esteemed Contributor

The name of a former talk show host who has MS....sold a few small appliances on the Q....help....it's making me crazy...

Valued Contributor

Re: Need Help Remembering....

Montel Williams??

Esteemed Contributor

@judy0330wrote:

Montel Williams??

Yes...thank you!!  Now I'll be able to sleep tonight......maybe.....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Nancy DrewOM Gosh, I do the EXACT same thing when I'm trying to remember something!!

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drewwrote:

My trick to remembering things so I can go to sleep is: go through the alphabet. Once you hit M, it triggers Montel. I told my husband that and he won a contest that way.

@Nancy Drew

that is a great way to try and remember something.

what i usually do is go to sleep thinking about the question or problem. then what happens is is that i wake up in the middle of the night and all of  sudden remember it.....THEN i cannot get back to sleep. LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Yes!  Reciting the Alphabet seems to almost always work for me. 

Except one of a few times when I tried to recall 'Sen-Sen's.  I finally asked someone about fifteen or twenty years older than me, who instantly remembered. 

(Sen-Sens are (were) those teeny-tiny square black licorice breath mints.)

Whenever I think of them, I definitely/immediately recall their scent in my mom's purse. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I do that, too!  Not that it always works as I get older, but it's been very helpful over the decades.

Trusted Contributor

@Nancy Drewwrote:

My trick to remembering things so I can go to sleep is: go through the alphabet. Once you hit M, it triggers Montel. I told my husband that and he one a contest that way.

What a GREAT idea, Nancy Drew!!! Thx much, I will use this, drives me crazy when I can't remember something! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

'It's something' that our brains automatically 'zero in' onto something (an alphabet letter) and quickly recall the name or subject, etc.   It might take a bit of time, repeating the initial letter, but it does work.  Eventually.   Better than not at all, and that's for sure.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).