Honored Contributor

Re: Nations worst drivers

[ Edited ]

@LonestarBabs wrote:

Well, we were all driving just fine here in Texas until the population explosion and people from all over the country -- and world -- moved here. That definitely changed the skill set...

@LonestarBabs   @Yeah,  it's all those migrant workers from Michigan.   There used to be signs all over Texas, "Will the last person leaving Michigan please turn off the lights?"

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@LonestarBabs wrote:

Well, we were all driving just fine here in Texas until the population explosion and people from all over the country -- and world -- moved here. That definitely changed the skill set...

Exactly what happened in CA.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde

I was being a little facetious as I was born in Pasadena (as were both of my parents).  I grew up on the beaches of Orange County and made the break to the PNW almost 25 years ago.  You are correct it did take some times to get used to driving here - first no one honks and the drivers are so polite.  World of difference from SoCal.  

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@Moonchilde

I was being a little facetious as I was born in Pasadena (as were both of my parents).  I grew up on the beaches of Orange County and made the break to the PNW almost 25 years ago.  You are correct it did take some times to get used to driving here - first no one honks and the drivers are so polite.  World of difference from SoCal.  

@DiAnne I know, I've seen you post in CA threads before ;-)

But the rest of the country *does* often say that about CA. Having spent all my life until 10 months ago in SoCal and living since on the Central Coast, the bad drivers are fewer up here, and different. 

What's the one thing drivers in LA know is a very dangerous thing to do on the freeway? Tailgate. What do the bad drivers up here do? Tailgate at 60+ mph. Freaks me out.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Jacie

Spaghetti Junction --  downtown Minneapolis!

@magicmoodz

That's a perfect example! My favorite is that mess out by MOA and the airport!

@Jacie

Eeeek!  We will be heading east on 494 tomorrow to get to our hosts' home for Thanksgiving!  I swear those drivers are out to get us!  

Respected Contributor

I love Canadians,  but imo they  are the worst drivers.

Living near the Canadian border,  I should know.  Smiley Happy

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@LonestarBabs wrote:

Exactly what happened in CA.

That's a good point.

The more people,  the more crowded the roads are,  the more people lose their patience,  the more apt they are to do unsafe and crazy things. ..

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Wisconsin drivers may not be the worst, but some of them are the drunkest.  It actually gets rather scary to see them weave back and forth on the roadway.

@deepwaterdotter

As someone who has spent my whole life going to/owning a lake home in Wisconsin, I would say your assessment is quite accurate!  

Honored Contributor

the drivers in my state are the worst. They rarely stop for stop signs. 

The drivers here are breaking that no cell phone talking all the time. I have no idea how they can talk, when i try to call anyone who uses a cell phone, i am constantly getting "all circuits are busy please try again.",

Honored Contributor

@Marienkaefer2 I am one of those Canadian bad drivers.We have a couple of different rules of the road.We don't merge well and we don't let other drivers into traffic but we sure are courteous to pedestrians.We stop for people crossing in crosswalks and drive slowly in school zones.This could be as a result of big fines for endangering pedestrians and they most often have the right of way.