Respected Contributor

Canceling an Order While in Transit!

[ Edited ]

I used this feature offered by Amazon and it worked beautifully.  My original order was for 3 coats - 1 Nautica and 2 Ellen Tracy (same style and size but in different colors).  I received the Nautica with one Ellen Tracy coat and the 2nd one was to arrive the following day.  The Nautica fit beautifully but the Ellen Tracy was oversized for the first time ever as is one my favorite brands and ordered my usual size (and the same size as Nautica order).   I boxed it back up and took it to the post office and when I got back home, requested the 2nd one cancelled through my orders in Amazon.  Checked its status today and it said it is being shipped back to Amazon and when they get it a refund will be issued. I already received my refund for the 1st one.  Great customer service, no guilt, no admonishments and no threats of a letter.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Canceling an Order While in Transit!

That is amazing, I'm a big Amazon shopper and I had no idea that we could cancel a purchase was in transit.   I don't think I would ever have to do that but it's good to know.  I don't get the "guilt" part;  I've never had any retailer make me feel guilty or admonished me for returning something.  That's a new one.

Respected Contributor

Re: Canceling an Order While in Transit!

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

That is amazing, I'm a big Amazon shopper and I had no idea that we could cancel a purchase was in transit.   I don't think I would ever have to do that but it's good to know.  I don't get the "guilt" part;  I've never had any retailer make me feel guilty or admonished me for returning something.  That's a new one.

I mean q doing that if one has had too many returns in a single year.  I've been ordering from Amazon for many years and have never had a letter or someone call me asking what the problem is, with q I've had.  It's always been q's vanity sizing that messed me up and now for the 1st time with Ellen Tracy.  I've always used the info for size information before ordering but it's seldom accurate or missing the measurement I need like what the waist measurement is on a coat and the hip measurement too.  Will it fit me like a tent or not.