Honored Contributor

Took DD to a therapy appt. and on the way home we decided to stop at Krystal (like White Castle).

After waiting in the drive through for 10-15 minutes, I decided to go inside to order and left the drive through lane to park to go inside.

As soon as I stepped out of my car to walk inside, I saw at least 20 police cars roar up with lights and sirens, while another police car crashed into a concrete barrier in front of a park across the street, that was said to have been stolen by the perp.

Then, I watched as I saw gunshots from several officers as my DD started screaming,  "MOM GET DOWN"!

The person got out of the car with 'something' in his hand and the bullets started flying.

The person was dead.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE friends, be careful anywhere you go, we're living in a crazy world.

The police car erupted in flames and the fire dept. came.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Glad you and she are ok.

It just brings to mind the old ditty - wrong place wrong time.    It's hard to imagine being somebody who finds themself there but it's going to happen to somebody.

Hope you are feeling ok.   It had to be traumatic.  

Respected Contributor

Dear heavens!!!

I am so glad you are safe.  We read of these terrible events but to witness one must have been horrifying.  

God Bless our police forces!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

How frightening @KingstonsMom !  I'm glad you weren't in the line of fire and you and your daughter are all right.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Glad you and she are ok.

It just brings to mind the old ditty - wrong place wrong time.    It's hard to imagine being somebody who finds themself there but it's going to happen to somebody.

Hope you are feeling ok.   It had to be traumatic.  

@chickenbutt 

I'm okay, but DD will be going back to her therapist tomorrow, she's a mess.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

OMG that would be a horrible experience.  Thankfully you are OK.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you're ok!! What a crazy scary world!!

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Took DD to a therapy appt. and on the way home we decided to stop at Krystal (like White Castle).

After waiting in the drive through for 10-15 minutes, I decided to go inside to order and left the drive through lane to park to go inside.

As soon as I stepped out of my car to walk inside, I saw at least 20 police cars roar up with lights and sirens, while another police car crashed into a concrete barrier in front of a park across the street, that was said to have been stolen by the perp.

Then, I watched as I saw gunshots from several officers as my DD started screaming,  "MOM GET DOWN"!

The person got out of the car with 'something' in his hand and the bullets started flying.

The person was dead.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE friends, be careful anywhere you go, we're living in a crazy world.

The police car erupted in flames and the fire dept. came.

Where do you live , not specific , but general.

Honored Contributor

Re: My Worst Day Ever

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom    Heaven!  What an experience you had.  I nominate you for the most exciting story of the year award here on the boards.  I hope the bullets weren't flying in your direction.

@KingstonsMom    I can't believe your response to my heartfelt post.  I said what I said with great sincerity and in no way meant it to be condescending or ridiculing.  It was a horrible experience and I can only assume you are understandably still upset by it.  I'm sorry if you misinterpreted my message.

I guess my big fat finger hit the wrong name. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

So glad you are ok, what a vey scary experience.  We do live in unsettled times now. How I wish for the days of old when I grew up.