Contributor

Re: My USPS delema, very frustrated

I think the problem is the USPS Hazelwood distribution center.  I have an order now that was sent from Hazelwood to Champaign, IL!  In the past they sent a packages to Indiana and Nebraska.  I think there are major problems there

Honored Contributor

USPS delivery is, indeed, very unreliable these days.  My accountant is about 40 miles from me.  Every year, he comes to me to go over things and to take all of my documentation.  About 7-10 days later, he mails me the complete forms and I then give him the OK to file electronically.

This year was somewhat of nightmare.  It took 9 days for the paperwork to arrive.  I was very distressed during much of those 9 days. That package contains so much vital information.  I worried that if that package was floating around somewhere, with all the personal information possibly gettng into the wrong hands. 

Respected Contributor

The email was hard to follow.  Did the tracking say it arrived at your HOUSE on that date, or just that it arrived in your town that day?  Two different things.

Contributor

The problem is, it ain't you waiting for the top.

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

USPS delivery issues continue. Is it the pandemic or what ?  I ordered a top from QVC, have been tracking it since the sending date of 3/16(ordered 3/12). It left Rocky Mountain NC went to Butner NC, then to KC MO arriving on 3/18. Then tracking says it arrived in St. Louis where I am on 3/20 but I never received it. Since then I contacted CS and they sent me the item which arrived 3/30 per UPS shipped on 3/26 and I thank the CS rep for handling it so quickly. It was also shipped from Rocky Mt NC. So now I looked at the tracking status for the first order and it says it went on to Cedar Rapids IA yesterday and today it's in Des Moines IA. What the heck ?  

So funny you would  post this , i live about 100 miles from Des Moines , and every time i have an order thru staight USPS , it just sits there , customer service has to send another one , i want to know what they do after UPS drops it there , throw it in a building that never ships.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette  Why didn't your accountant mail such info "overnight" certified priorty?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Regular Contributor

I hope that the CS reps for QVC are reading these boards.  I am having a frustrating time too.  Everything I've ordered in the last year has eventually arrived. Now, I'm having trouble with QVC & Amazon.  I have a birthday gift ordered from Amazon.  It made it to Texas from California.  I live in Kansas.  Now, it's in Los Angeles. 

My 2 IM scarves are having quite an adventure.  They started out in NC, then went to Virginia.  Suddenly, they were in Kansas City, MO.  Then, they arrived at our local PO here in Kansas with two other QVC packages which I received yesterday.  I assumed they would be in my mail box today.  They weren't so I checked the tracking.  The scarves are in one package which shows it has arrived  have arrived at 3 different times in less than 3 hours in Fayettville, NC.  Figure that one out.  

It would seem that something is up with the Post Office and their computerized tracking!!!

Trusted Contributor

Here's a good USPS story. My birthday is in February. My driver's license was due to expire on Feb 12. I mailed my renewal in the middle of January. The beginning of February I got a letter from the DMV saying that because of the pandemic I wouldn't have to go to get my picture taken. They would just use my prior picture and send my new license within 10 days to two weeks. I waited three weeks and called the number that was on the letter. All automated of course. Said it was still in process, wait 7 to 10 days. Called 12 days later, pressed that I would wait for CS person, and five minutes later automated voice says call can't be taken and hangs up on me. Tried three times to go thru website, website not available. Finally, on Tuesday, after being on hold for 57 minutes, I spoke to a very nice lady who told me it came back to the DMV on March 12 marked undeliverable. All info was correct. Didn't have to be signed for. WTH? She said I could contact my local post office to find out why. I didn't bother. Now I have to wait another two weeks. I am so glad I called or I would have never received my new license. I'm just glad it didn't get sent to the wrong person. Remember when mail delivery was reliable?

Honored Contributor

USPS has gotten so unreliable that I've told my mother to stop mailing cards, etc.  She mailed everyone cards during the holidays and I knew that there was a major mail & shipping problem (I have an Etsy shop).

Well it took a month for her cards to arrive.  She's in S Florida and I'm in SE PA.  She also mailed something in January and it again took several weeks.  In February she mailed a birthday card and it took over a month to arrive....that's when I told her to stop mailing us things.

As for bills, I do everything that I can online.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

USPS delivery is, indeed, very unreliable these days.  My accountant is about 40 miles from me.  Every year, he comes to me to go over things and to take all of my documentation.  About 7-10 days later, he mails me the complete forms and I then give him the OK to file electronically.

This year was somewhat of nightmare.  It took 9 days for the paperwork to arrive.  I was very distressed during much of those 9 days. That package contains so much vital information.  I worried that if that package was floating around somewhere, with all the personal information possibly gettng into the wrong hands. 

@Krimpette I also had to send signed & sensitive information to our accountant.  Instead of using USPS, I shipped the paperwork in a large envelope using FedEx with tracking.  Yes it cost me more but he got it the next day!