Valued Contributor

@ThinkOutsidetheBox wrote:

@MaryLamb...if he is a good guy (and I have no idea but I am curious after reading this thread), then he may have "laid off" those workers so that they could file for and collect unemployment. The unemployment rules are very strict (in my state anyway), and getting furloughed does not make you eligible for unemployment (last time I checked twenty years ago anyway). So, if he is a caring boss and company owner, then perhaps he chose to go the route that would best continue to support his workers as long as possible.

As to whether he IS a good person???? I have no idea. All I know is I bought two of his pillows way back when. They really are just so-so, although still better than any pillows that I can afford from Target, Walmart, Kohl's, etc. All pillows suck for me at 52. Anyway, back to him...he creeps me out and I do not know why. I turn the channel every time I see him now. I do not approve of people flaunting their religious beliefs, or any other beliefs in a business setting. Keep your tattoos covered, your piercings out, your purple hair to to yourself, and don't ask me if I am saved, etc. I do not think any of that belongs in a professional or business setting. That is just me though. Those are all MY preferences, and I also recognize that everyone else also has the right to do all of the above anyway. I still just do not care for him though.

@ThinkOutsidetheBox  Furloughed workers can collect unemployment in Minnesota. They can also maintain health benefits. There’s just another good reason for him to lay them off instead of furloughing them. He can save money on health insurance costs.

Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know why the My pillow TSV in Jun 19 was of such poor quality?

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC inappropriate for this forum