Respected Contributor

My sister gave me a My Pillow, and I gotta say, it's OK.  Just OK.  It's a pillow and it does what a pillow should do, but what the heck is the big deal?

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

As the saying goes,

”Sounds like he sold his soul to the Devil”

Respected Contributor

I will never give that man a penny for anything he sells.

Honored Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:

My Pillow recently lost its BBB accreditation due to its pricing practices.

@JillyMarie 

Wow.  I just read up on your post.

Looks like it still stands as a F Rating w/ the BBB.

Surprised businesses still sell his items.

Respected Contributor

I posted this the other day when I saw him and the powers that be  deleted the post. Don't know why.

Valued Contributor

Many things bug me about this product and this company, but the two biggest issues I have with it have to do with the marketing of the product.

First, they try to pitch the idea that there is some kind of science involved with the construction of the pillow. They claim there are interlocking pieces of cushioning inside the pillow which create some kind of support system. If you go on YouTube, you can view several videos of people cutting open these pillows. It’s just a pile of chopped up memory foam, folks. There is nothing scientific about that all.

Second, the company boasts how they are “Made In America.” Of course they are. Why would any business person with any common sense pay to have a product which requires chopping up some memory foam and stuffing it into two pieces of rectangular fabric sewn together manufactured overseas? The tariffs and shipping costs heavily outweigh the manufacturing costs. These pillows which retail in big box stores for $40-$50 are constructed of about 25 cents worth of material. If you’ve ever studied business or know anything about manufacturing, you’re smart enough to know that Lindell is no hero for manufacturing the pillow in the USA, he just has common sense. The fact that he is constantly boasting about this is disingenuous. If he really cared about American workers, he wouldn’t have laid off 150 employees last month and another 140 employees in April of 2017 using the excuse of needing space to expand his empire. That’s not supporting American workers, that’s greed.

Honored Contributor

@jazzed wrote:

I have no idea what the negative comments are about, but doesn't make any difference to me. If I didn't make purchases based on someone's political or religious views, I would be very limited indeed. I have used these pillows for 6 years and they perform exactly as advertised. For me, the great advantage is MyPillow can be washed and tumble dried, so makes very quick work of it, and as often as you want. I feel much better sleeping on a clean pillow. I bring the travel pillows where ever I go. Who knows what the hotel pillows have been through and how they are cleaned. I wash my travel pillows as soon as I return home.

They fell apart in my new washing machine. It was like sleeping on the styrofoam peanuts they use in packing. Drying them took forever too.

Everyone I know who ever slept with these pillows had issues with their neck afterwards. For myself? The thought of what/who they were supporting would give me nightmares.

Esteemed Contributor

@Frau K wrote:

Best pillow I ever had in my life.

@Frau K  .... me too .... I JUST LOVE MY PILLOW!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

If you ever wanted to know what is inside a My Pillow, this Youtube video will show you.

Granted, it was made in 2016, but the information is still just as good today, as then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQkWTZWTD1g&list=RDhiwdYyHeFcc&index=5

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

Many things bug me about this product and this company, but the two biggest issues I have with it have to do with the marketing of the product.

First, they try to pitch the idea that there is some kind of science involved with the construction of the pillow. They claim there are interlocking pieces of cushioning inside the pillow which create some kind of support system. If you go on YouTube, you can view several videos of people cutting open these pillows. It’s just a pile of chopped up memory foam, folks. There is nothing scientific about that all.

Second, the company boasts how they are “Made In America.” Of course they are. Why would any business person with any common sense pay to have a product which requires chopping up some memory foam and stuffing it into two pieces of rectangular fabric sewn together manufactured overseas? The tariffs and shipping costs heavily outweigh the manufacturing costs. These pillows which retail in big box stores for $40-$50 are constructed of about 25 cents worth of material. If you’ve ever studied business or know anything about manufacturing, you’re smart enough to know that Lindell is no hero for manufacturing the pillow in the USA, he just has common sense. The fact that he is constantly boasting about this is disingenuous. If he really cared about American workers, he wouldn’t have laid off 150 employees last month and another 140 employees in April of 2017 using the excuse of needing space to expand his empire. That’s not supporting American workers, that’s greed.

@MaryLamb 

I'm neither here nor there about the man.  HOWEVER, unless you really know why he made the business move that he did, it would be rather unwise to make unsubstantiated claims or suppositions.

Men and women start-up and own companies.  They manage the day-to-day operations, until such time as they're at a point where they can bring on a COO.  Some are likable, some not so and some, though great at what they do, are people you'd rather not be around.  That's the way it is.  Simple as pie.