Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Phone That Blocks Out Robo Calls Is Working Overtime

Stupid question alert:

Do you need to pay anything extra with your phone provider for these features to work? I use my cell, so I never think about it - and don't usually care enough to ask otherwise! But, it's something I've been told for years and wondering if it's (still) true?

Thank you.
Trusted Contributor

I have a Panasonic unit bought through Amazon and don't pay extra to my phone company.

Esteemed Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
Stupid question alert:

Do you need to pay anything extra with your phone provider for these features to work? I use my cell, so I never think about it - and don't usually care enough to ask otherwise! But, it's something I've been told for years and wondering if it's (still) true?

Thank you.

@Alter Ego...no question is ever stupid, sweetie!  The only thing is caller ID...so you will know who is calling...but then again, there is a lady's voice that announces who it is from...the number, so you may not even need caller ID!  I already had caller ID!  But once the call comes in....and you don't recognize the number or name from the lady saying who it is...you just hit the button...it is under the "0" number and says call block!  Go to HSN and see if it says or call their customer service for sure!

Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 If your registry works good for you.  Unfortunately I've signed up for every different one and it would work for a short time then I'd start getting the Robo calls again.  I even contacted my Va Congressman and it STILL didn't last long.  This is the ONLY thing that's continued to work.

@Marp  Thanks for the heads up on the # of rings.  I guess it pays to read directions....Ha!  I never read directions....thanks.

Honored Contributor

I'm so mad that the Panasonic model I recently purchased didn't have the 'block' buttons on them.

So, I was looking at these and wondering if I should just buy a whole new set and give away the ones I have now.

I noticed that the handsets and bases look exactly the same as the phone set I have.  So I decided to just buy one handset with the button and see if it can go onto my system and I'll have one handset with the block button.  

Logical thinking tells me that it should, but we'll see.  If it doesn't, then I'll just buy the 3 part set to go with it and give away my other system.

Wthout the block button, you have to wait for it to stop ringing every time and then go back through CID and block it.   I'd like to just cut it off immediately.

Esteemed Contributor

UNfortunately NoMore Robo is not supported by all phone companies.  VErizon (which I think is the biggest provider of home telephone lines in the country) does not support the service.

Honored Contributor

KathyPet wrote:

UNfortunately NoMore Robo is not supported by all phone companies.  VErizon (which I think is the biggest provider of home telephone lines in the country) does not support the service.

Smiley Sad   Yeah, I miss it!    I don't miss ATT Uverse, since I have changed to Charter, so I wouldn't go back on a bet.  But I sure wish that Charter was compatible with nomorobo.

Trusted Contributor

I also have the phone from HSN and it is great, I also block a lot of calls and I also have a feature with my phone company that directs phones to my online voicemail so the phone does not ring at all.

I turn my phone off from when my husband get home at night until he gets up the next day.  He gets home around 2:00 am and he wakes up at around 11:00 am.  If not all the sales and scammers will call and wake him up. I even set it when we are home and just want a quiet afternoon so the phone goes straight to voicemail.

THere are so many great phone features nowadays, you can give someone your never and if you dont want them to reach you, they never will.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

It does but only if your Verizon is a VOIP system. Traditional land lines are not. Nomorobo will check to see if your phone system is compatible and will  send you an e mail saying yes or no.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

The call block phones are available again.  3 wireless handsets and 1 corded one.  If electricity goes out the corded one (unlike wireless handsets) will always work. Number is 439-439 it is $99,