Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Phone That Blocks Out Robo Calls Is Working Overtime

I bought the HSN device and it works if the call is caught in time.  It does work but remember, this is an election year and there are some calls that still get through though I don't know how. 

It's common knowledge in America that people don't want to be bothered.  Why do they still harass us. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Love Roses wrote:

I bought the HSN device and it works if the call is caught in time.  It does work but remember, this is an election year and there are some calls that still get through though I don't know how. 

It's common knowledge in America that people don't want to be bothered.  Why do they still harass us. 

The unfortunate answer to that (bolded by me) is that they can.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just think it's ridiculous that we as citizens have to pay $119 or $99 when these calls are supposed to be illegal in the first place.... Our technology has improved so much I bet the government could find a way to stop these calls if they wanted to. 

They claim they can't stop them from calling because they are calling from foreign countries but that's not what I found......most of them are coming from right here in the good ole USA!

As an example, normally I let my voicemail pick up the calls, but an insurance  company in Houston kept calling me and calling me about medical insurance even though I finally picked up the phone and told them I am not about to go with any company that makes illegal call as my number is on both the State and National DO NOT CALL lists yet they continue to call! And even after i told them all that can you believe THEY STILL CALL!!  Even State Farm has made endless calls to me, I've reported all these numbers to the FTC yet they continue to call! 

What's interesting the couple of scams that DID come from foreign locations---those fraudulent IRS calls---I reported those to the Treasury Inspector General For Tax Administration and FTC using IRS Telephone Scams and funny how those calls IMMEDIATELY STOPPED!!! ......HMMMMM....Interesting...

So the question is do I want to dole $100 out of my own pocket .....  and it doesn't stop these pushy charity or political calls either---you have to hit a button to block that number, it appears that it might block certain important numbers, and then you have to buy batteries since someone mentioned the one with Walmart goes through batteries very quickly!!! So is it worth it......  I think I will just let my voice mail screen my calls on both landline and smart phone....they already have a block feature too...

Me thinks there should be a better way!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@abbeythe 8th wrote:

@itsmagic wrote:

I was ready to get one of those phones when I discovered that I was able to sign up for nomorerobo to block my robo calls. It has made such a difference. 

I signed up for nomorerobo then realized most of the my doctors use robo calls for appointment reminders, or to inform you there is a change in appointments and you need to reschedule, or you need to schedule an appointment because test results are in.

I have nomorerobo and it doesn't block my recorded appointment confirmations calls from any of my doctors or dentists. To be honest, I never thought of it until I I had an appt and got the recorded message, but I still get all of mine.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@abbeythe 8th wrote:

@itsmagic wrote:

I was ready to get one of those phones when I discovered that I was able to sign up for nomorerobo to block my robo calls. It has made such a difference. 

I signed up for nomorerobo then realized most of the my doctors use robo calls for appointment reminders, or to inform you there is a change in appointments and you need to reschedule, or you need to schedule an appointment because test results are in.

I have nomorerobo and it doesn't block my recorded appointment confirmations calls from any of my doctors or dentists. To be honest, I never thought of it until I I had an appt and got the recorded message, but I still get all of mine.

That's the beauty of Nomorobo, it doesn't block doctor automated  appointment calls, pharmacy 'your drugs are ready for pick up' calls, and emergency phone calls-- you are under a (choose your weather disaster) warning/watch calls.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

No extra charge, but it might depend on which phone provider you have.  I have a landline and phone service through Time Warner so it only took a couple of minutes to look up my account and add the feature on my account - did it all online in less than 5 minutes.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Contributor

I've been reading all thesep osts with great interest.  The unwanted calls have gotten ten times worse in the past week it seems and this phone sounds great.

However since I have a wall phone, I don't want another corded phone.  Does anyone know if panasonic makes this with all cordless extensions?  I want three or four handsets.  And the color is really outstanding.

Pinks

Honored Contributor

I saw one Panasonic set the other day, on Amazon, that had a corded base phone with all cordless extension phones.

Respected Contributor

I never watch hsn, but the I'm sorry I missed that phone. Try living in Iowa during the months leading up to presidential caucuses. It's one robocall after another from both parties and pollsters. Calls have started up again. I am a registered Independent, so I get it from all sides! I need that phone!

Esteemed Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

I never watch hsn, but the I'm sorry I missed that phone. Try living in Iowa during the months leading up to presidential caucuses. It's one robocall after another from both parties and pollsters. Calls have started up again. I am a registered Independent, so I get it from all sides! I need that phone!

@libbyannE....the phone is still available at HSN, if you are still interested!  I love it, especially the color and features!