Honored Contributor

My Phone That Blocks Out Robo Calls Is Working Overtime

We recently had a conversation here about phones that easily block out Robo (otherwise known as irritating phone calls).

It's interesting because these calls come in spells.  I stopped getting many of them then they started back up.  This phone is amazing.  It will ring once or twice and when I look at who's calling, it says "Call Blocked".  I don't know what's said on the other end but the call ends and that number never calls back again.

I just push a button that says "Block Call" then it asks me if I want it blocked, I push the button when it says "Yes" and that's it.  It holds up to 250 phone numbers.

I bought mine from HSN but I'm sure you can get it or another one similar from any store.  I highly recommend it.  It sure has made my life less complicated.  It also announces who's calling.  That's one way it's easy to tell a ROBO caller because it just gives the phone number, not the name.

I don't work so I used to get these calls all during the day.  Every now and then I'd get one on my cell phone.  There is an easy way to block numbers on your cell phone too (which I do).

Just wanted to give everyone a 'heads up' that something does exist to make life simpler.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Phone That Blocks Out Robo Calls Is Working Overtime

@Annabellethecat66...I bought the same phone from HSN...and love it so much, I bought a backup...well, if I need a new one in about 8-10 years, that is how long my last phone lasted!

Anyway...don't you love it and the color???  Champagne and white and a great deal!  I recommended it to SHOWME (a poster here) and she purchased one too!

Get ready...calls are coming in...at least until after the election, lol!

Respected Contributor

I was ready to get one of those phones when I discovered that I was able to sign up for nomorerobo to block my robo calls. It has made such a difference. 

Honored Contributor

@shell garden Yes!  I do love it.  It's so simple!  It's so irritating to be somewhere and (even though it calls out the phone number) you still go to answer it.  Now in just two rings (I think that's it), it stops!  I love it.

I went on HSN to find out about for others, but they'd sold out.  I'm sure store sell it.  I posted the name of it so others could get it somewhere else.  I'm all about simple.  I think it's so dangerous when a cell phone rings because I have daughters in other states.  I always worry about them.  It comes up on my car and I don't answer it, but when I can (parked) I am able to block that number on my cell phone.  I think people don't realize you can use the phone (I have an IPHONE 6) to block out numbers.  We 'old timers' are making technology work for us.....heh! heh!.

Trusted Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

I was ready to get one of those phones when I discovered that I was able to sign up for nomorerobo to block my robo calls. It has made such a difference. 

I signed up for nomorerobo then realized most of the my doctors use robo calls for appointment reminders, or to inform you there is a change in appointments and you need to reschedule, or you need to schedule an appointment because test results are in.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66...you know, I don't know if you can find this phone or not elsewhere, but possibly!  I know I went to Walmart and they had this same phone, EXCEPT it only had 2 handsets instead of 3 handsets that HSN offered!  It was the same color, but for only 2 handsets, Walmart was wanting $119.00....we only paid $99 and free shipping!  Anyway, when I saw the price in Walmart....I ran back home and ordered HSN's phone!  Then after I got it home and saw how much I loved it, I ordered another to hold down the line, lol!  I was afraid they would never have this one again, especially the beautiful color!  We did GREAT, lol! 😄 🙆

Valued Contributor

I have two friends that come on the caller ID as private name and number. I wouln't want those blocked. Do you know if the phone blocks those too?

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Esteemed Contributor

@azgal wrote:

I have two friends that come on the caller ID as private name and number. I wouln't want those blocked. Do you know if the phone blocks those too?

NO.....only if you hit the button that says "call block"!  You would hit that button and it asks, " do you want to block?"...then you hit yes!  If your friends call....even with a private number...you can't block them unless you hit the " block button"!

Honored Contributor

@azgal No you decide if you want to block the number, then you pushe the button that's labeled "Block number" then it asks you, "Do you want to block this number" and you can push "yes" or "no".  It's not like you are accidentally pushing the wrong numbers.

If you know their numbers you just don't block them.  Even if you accidentally block someone, you can "unblock" them if you want to.  It's wonderful.  Go up and see what others have have it love it like I do.

I got the HSN one too.  You can call and see when they get new ones (sold out).  But you can also add other handsets to them.

Valued Contributor

Thank you. What's brand is it?

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln