Honored Contributor

Re: My First Post on the Wedding...

Really enjoyed the whole thing. Just beautiful!

I do have a question for those of you who know more about the Royals than I do. I noticed that the bride did not stop and do a little curtsy/bow when she walked by the Queen as the couple left the church.

If memory serves me correctly, I thought I saw Diana do a curtsy and also Kate after being married and walking past her while leaving the church. Maybe it is just when you marry the higher ranking Royals?

Just curious.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just read she did curtsy ,but they didn't catch it on camera..a shame

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I was most impressed that Meghan stayed true to her simple self, and did not “glam it up” just because it was technically a royal wedding.   

Respected Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I was most impressed that Meghan stayed true to her simple self, and did not “glam it up” just because it was technically a royal wedding.   

I agree -- I like that she wanted to look like herself. There were many positive comments about her hair and make up looks for the wedding, along with some detractors (of course!), but I like these thoughts:

Harper's BAZAAR interview with her hairstylist:

While some Internet commenters thought her hair—specifically her face-framing layers—looked too messy (a common and tiresome critique of Markle's favorite style), Normant embraced her signature look. "It's a messy bun, we call it. Messy in a controlled way," he said. Normant was focused on "making sure it doesn't become a whole mess after a few hours" without making the hair look shellacked. "I don't overload the hair with products in general and certainly not on this day," he says.

Glamour story about her make up:

For the occasion, Meghan went with natural, glowing skin, letting her freckles peek through. Her lips were subtly glossy, while her eyes had a minimalist, elegant sweep of shadow—a perfect compliment to her low, loose updo. (Yeah, the bun came back!) It's a beautiful look, made even better by the fact that she looked very much like herself. (She's said in interviews before she prefers not to cover up her freckles.)