Trusted Contributor

My First Post on the Wedding...

I have been doing a lot of reading but have not responded to anyone's posts.    Mostly because I have no words and honestly am still fumbling.    Imagine being on stage for such an important event in your life and having every aspect (right down to what the guests wore) scruntiized.    I would think that we should be above all of the nit picking and just enjoy a beautiful ceremony.   I certainly have my thoughts about the wedding but I must say the ones I have had were positive.    Doria, Charles, Camilla  definitely deserve kudos.    I could add more but then I wouldn't be any better than some of the comments I thought were rude.     Congrats to the happy couple and may they have many, many years of happiness!!

Honored Contributor

Re: My First Post on the Wedding...

But, how about that little Charlotte? Isn't she so sweet?

Esteemed Contributor

I thought the wedding was lovely.  St George's Chapel was the perfect location.  Harry was handsome in his uniform (the dress uniform of the troops he actually served with in Afghanistan).  Meghan looked beautiful!!  Her gown was understated elegance.  Both looked wonderful in their evening attire.

I love the pageantry presented by the royals!!!  I'm happy that it was shared with the rest of us.

I wish the new Duke and Duchess of Sussex a lifetime of good health and happiness!!!

Super Contributor

I loved the wedding,  such a joyful occasion!   I wish Meghan and Harry a lifetime of love and happiness.   It was wonderful that the news focused time on love!   Thank you for sharing your special day with the world!

Esteemed Contributor

@Junebug54, thank you for starting such a nice thread.  I also think that it was a beautiful ceremony, and I wish the royal couple a lifetime of happiness.

As for Princess Charlotte, I think she will be quite a handful when she gets older.  She is just adorable, but I can see it coming.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Respected Contributor

I didn't watch the wedding but did find a 2 minute video showing the highlights & I enjoyed it.....they looked very happy & that's all that matters.

Honored Contributor

Everything was so beautiful about the wedding and so happy for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. The photo of Doria, Prince Charles and Camilla is priceless IMO. I have more respect for him now for the first time since Diana died because of his actions towards Doria and walking with Meghan to the alter.

After this week, Doria’s life will never be the same either and maybe she’ll move to London too. 

Honored Contributor

Even being a “royal wedding”, I was most pleased with the simpler touches that just made it Harry and Meghan’s wedding.  

An American actress wearing a simple, stylish gown married a Prince in a beautiful old English church with enough pomp and circumstance to satisfy curious minds and expectations about another royal production.   

May they live happily ever after.

Honored Contributor

There was no downside for me. I hope it was exactly what the happy couple wanted, which truly is what matters. Almost like one of those Hallmark movies, in which a commoner marries a prince!