Esteemed Contributor

My First Fathers Day Without My Dad

I came across this on my FB page.

It kinda sums up how I feel.

love you dad.jpg

Not a day goes by that I don't think about him and miss him.

If you still have your dad, give him a hug, a kiss, tell him that you love him, and how much you appreciate him.

If you have lost your dad, I understand the emptyness.

I plan on taking a moment tomorrow and just have a quiet moment, and reflect on the man that he was, and just how special and important he was, and still is to me.

Happy Father's Day, Dad.

I love you and miss you more than you'll ever know.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Re: My First Fathers Day Without My Dad

I am sorry for your loss. This is year number 18 for me without dad. I try and remember the good times with him. Fathers day is never easy. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm sorry, I know it sounds impossible, but it does get better in time...

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 My father has been gone for over a decade. each and every time Father's Day is mentioned, which is a lot, I think of him.

The first year is the most difficult for sure. I wish you peace, and assurance that the best memories will not be forgotten!

Trusted Contributor

Mine too.  

Dad passed May 4.  

Honored Contributor

I understand your sorrow.  This Father's Day is my 40th without my dear father, and I miss him deeply.

Reflect on his love and devotion to you.  Rejoice that you were given such love.  It is a treasure beyond compare.

Honored Contributor

Second one with out my Dad, its not as difficult as I thought it would be, I know that my hubby, my brother and I took the greatest care of our dad for over 3 years  between losing Mom and his passing.

Yes I miss him but I also know he appreciated everything we gave him and how difficult it was for us at times

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

The posters are so fortunate to have had a loving father that made an impact on their lives.  I'm am sorry for your loss and hope that your current S.O./husband is as loving to your child, as your father was to you.

Honored Contributor

I understand. It will also be my first Father’s Day without my dad, and my children will experience their first Fathers Day without their dad.  

Respected Contributor

How deeply all of you are missing your Dads on Father's day (and I'm sure all days of the year) is a testament to how truly great they must have been.

Thoughts and prayers going out to those who are missing their Dads.  

......You look like I need a drink.....