Trusted Contributor

Re: My First Fathers Day Without My Dad

My father passed in April, aged 88.  

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819   do something nice for yourself tomorrow. You need that extra  bit of TLC ,right now

I am sure it is very lonely for you.  I am so sorry

Esteemed Contributor

@september 

My condolences at your double loss of the men in your life.  Hoping you can find some peace and comfort in their memories.

Esteemed Contributor

All these expressions of deep loss are so touching.  I feel very sad for everyone.  Blessings to everyone going through this sorrow.

Trusted Contributor

Father’s Day is the day I celebrate the amazing father that my husband is to our son and the amazing father our son is to our grandchildren. 

I dont know what having a father is like. My mom divorced my dad when I was 18 months old. Sadly, he was a very abusive alcoholic. She never remarried, so I have never known what’s it like to say Happy Father’s Day to a dad, other than my husband and son. They say you don’t miss what you don’t have, but not having a father is like missing a piece of yourself. Thankfully, my mother gave me all the love in the world. I was blessed to marry a man that is the world to me and blessed with a son that makes me proud everyday.

I’m sorry for those missing their dads today. Sending a hug and hope that you have a good day with your families while you celebrate your dads in Heaven.😊

Trusted Contributor

Dear @Anonymous032819 

That's a very touching tribute to your Dad (& all Dads.)  I'm sorry for your loss.

Your Dad feels & knows your love for him.  Keep holding him near & dear to your heart & it will help comfort you.

Many of us have precious & loving memories of our parents & other family members.  My Dad had his faults but I loved him as he was.     Heart

Esteemed Contributor

My Dad died 3 years ago and sometimes it feels like yesterday. He was a great man and I try to live up to his example. I miss him so much.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 I still have my Dad but I went through the first Mother's Day without my Mom last month. It was painful beyond any words. Hugs to you.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819  I feel the same way as you.  Not a day goes by that my dear Dad doesn't cross my mind !!!

Respected Contributor

@roeroe1005Same for me.  My Dad died the day after yours, on May 5th.  Peace be with you.