Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Hi @Irshgrl31201

He has a close family, so that's a good thing.

Supposedly his condition was brought on from boxing, repeated hits to the head.  Very sad.

Probably similar to the chronic traumatic encephalopathy that football players have been diagnosed with due to repeated blows to their heads.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Muhammad Ali

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

Hi @Irshgrl31201

Supposedly his condition was brought on from boxing, repeated hits to the head.  Very sad.

@Noel7It is sad. I am glad that he does have a close family.

This past weekend I watched the mini series Band of Brothers. It is my favorite movie ever. I have probably watched it about 70-100 times. At the beginning of each show, they interview the real life soldiers the movie is about. It was filmed in 2001 when many were still alive. Most if not all are dead now. I've seen pictures of them when they were the young strong boys and very young men who went over to fight and in the interviews they were all very old men. It just makes me sad to see them in their youth and then see these old, frail men be interviewed. I know it is natural but it is still sad sometimes. Aging is just so cruel sometimes. 

My grandfather aged the same way as Ali did. He was a golden gloves boxer and so physically and mentally strong throughout most of his life. He competed in the senior olympics (and won) until he was 90. He was so healthy and strong throughout his who life and lived til he was 98. At 91 he got dementia and rapidly declined to the point where he had to be fed and diapered. It was so heartbreaking to watch that. I just find aging so darn cruel sometimes. 

Hope you are well!!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor
What a shame. He seems like such a sweet man
Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

most media aren't covering this much. What is his current status?

@patbz

TV media including the local & national news has been covering his condition since he was admitted to the hospital.

Suggest you watch your local & national tv news for a daily report.

Current status:  Allegedly on life support which has NOT been confirmed by any family member.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

It didn't sound good when they talked about it on the news.

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Hi @Irshgrl31201

@Noel7It is sad. I am glad that he does have a close family.

This past weekend I watched the mini series Band of Brothers. It is my favorite movie ever. I have probably watched it about 70-100 times. At the beginning of each show, they interview the real life soldiers the movie is about. It was filmed in 2001 when many were still alive. Most if not all are dead now. I've seen pictures of them when they were the young strong boys and very young men who went over to fight and in the interviews they were all very old men. It just makes me sad to see them in their youth and then see these old, frail men be interviewed. I know it is natural but it is still sad sometimes. Aging is just so cruel sometimes. 

My grandfather aged the same way as Ali did. He was a golden gloves boxer and so physically and mentally strong throughout most of his life. He competed in the senior olympics (and won) until he was 90. He was so healthy and strong throughout his who life and lived til he was 98. At 91 he got dementia and rapidly declined to the point where he had to be fed and diapered. It was so heartbreaking to watch that. I just find aging so darn cruel sometimes. 

Hope you are well!!

@Irshgrl31201

It sure can be shocking sometimes.  But, then again, some people do pretty well. 

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

Daily Mail says he is on "life support" and his family has been called to his bedside. His life has been difficult these past years. 

I would wait for confirmation on that. They citedRadar Online, a tabloid gossip site, as their source on that. That doesn't  mean it's not true, but I'd always seek a second and more reputable source. 

Respected Contributor

oh great

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

There might be a few out there that would say otherwise.

Had numerous affairs & was a draft dodger, 

but time makes one forget. 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

There might be a few out there that would say otherwise.

Had numerous affairs & was a draft dodger, 

but time makes one forget. 

This is so inappropriate, imo.

He was not a draft dodger, he is a religious man and said from the beginning he was against war.  That was his deferment.

America has a long history of honoring religious exemptions.