Esteemed Contributor

He is in a Phoenix hospital, supposedly his condition has been downgraded but most media aren't covering this much. What is his current status?

Esteemed Contributor

Daily Mail says he is on "life support" and his family has been called to his bedside. His life has been difficult these past years. 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Muhammad Ali

[ Edited ]

This is so sad

May he go quietly into the night..

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

I saw a report on it during the night at some point.

They were saying it didn't look good, that he had been hospitalized for the same condition before, but this was worse.

Respected Contributor

i simply adore this man and always have.  this is so hard to believe.  prayers go out to him.

Honored Contributor

I've been watching the A&E Show '60 Days In"

where his daughter, Maryum Ali was one of the participants.  

Got to see the family side of Muhammad Ali through her.

Sad circumstances, but wow he leaves behind an

amazing legacy through sports & activism.  

Esteemed Contributor

It really bums me out sometimes watching people age.I don't mean looks wise either. I look at this man who was so physically strong and seemingly mentally strong as well and now he just shuffles around looking so frail. I know he has parkinsons which certainly greatly adds to this but I think it is so sad watching people who were so strong, age and look so frail and weak. I know it is normal to some extent but it is still sad. 

He was certainly and outstand athlete. I hope he is surrounded by family and friends and lots of love.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Reading this thread reminded me of another we had on a board a while back called I'm So Old.   I'm So Old that I remember when he was Cassius Clay.

These fighters suffer a lot of blows because of their occupation and it hink Ali is fortunate he has gotten to age this far, even with his Parkinson's.  He had a lot of TV exposure (talk shows,etc. ) back in the day and I always enjoyed seeing him (though I don't enjoy the fights).  I loved Leila Ali on Dancing With The Stars - she inherited a lot of his athleticism. 

Wishing him and his family well at this tough time.

Valued Contributor

I saw him in Las Vegas in 1980, walking out by pool at Ceasar's Palace to work out prior to a big fight!  It was very exciting, he waved to all of us poolside and everyone cheered!

All those blows to head have to have contributed to his brain issus; that is sad.  May his family say their goodbye's and he leave here in peace.

Honored Contributor

Hi @Irshgrl31201

He has a close family, so that's a good thing.

Supposedly his condition was brought on from boxing, repeated hits to the head.  Very sad.