Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Young talented great Americans, like Ted Williams, gave up millions and millions to go fight with their brothers for America.

@febe1

Uh, no, you got that wrong.

But why didn't it bother you that Mitt Romney, ****** Cheney and many others were draft dodgers?

A little hypocritical, don't you think?

Trusted Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

Better to have a person who is willing to go to jail for what he believes in rather than one who pretends to have an injury, uses their religious charitable works or has their father buy them a deferment in order not to serve. 

I appreciate honesty!

Well said JaneMarple, well said.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Muhammad Ali is Dead

[ Edited ]

@chlema wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Better to have a person who is willing to go to jail for what he believes in rather than one who pretends to have an injury, uses their religious charitable works or has their father buy them a deferment in order not to serve. 

I appreciate honesty!

Well said JaneMarple, well said.  

I agree.

Rush Limbaugh avoided the draft by claiming he had a cyst on his butt.

Funny how so many posters here aren't bothered by any of that, they only care that a black man didn't want to fight.

Honored Contributor

I have mixed feelings about him, i remember him being on tv alot back in the 60's, great fighter, but really did not like his attitude.The way he spoke,and acted.I remember him refusing to go into service,that did not go well with alot of people back then, but as it turned out that was another war we should had not been in.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for commenting, no longer on topic, turning political Smiley Sad