Super Contributor

Hopefully you can get rid of the mouse quickly! Make sure your food is in air tight containers or in the fridge or microwave so they can't get to it! 

Honored Contributor

I'm not afraid of them but I certainly don't like them. We had a big fat one living out in the backyard. It would walk out in broad daylight like it owned the place. It was actually funny. It finally left. 

Mice can be very noisy. I had one in a dresser once and it kept me up all night. I hope you can get rid of the one in your home soon. 

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

They belong outdoors. Glue traps work the best on them plus sealing all possible openings in foundation.

Cruel. Be humane and kill them quickly. Sickening to make them suffer on glue traps.

I was talking about the camel cave crickets not the mice.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

I feel your shudders Mellie. Brrr I hate rodents. I would call an exterminator asap!

We had field mice (because we live in front of a farmers field), 2 years ago (as of this coming Fall) And to those saying get a cat. We had 3 "older" cats and not a one got the mice! In fact they were sitting staring at the one mouse!

DH set traps, but that wasn't enough for me. I called an exterminator and haven't seen any since back then (fingers crossed), but I kept the exterminator coming monthly until last month in case. Now he will come bi-monthly. DH thinks I should cancel service but I am not because it gives me piece of mind!

(PS. Since then one of our older cats died and we have 2 older cats and a 5 month old kitten now, but I still don't trust it!).

Good luck!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

yuck...they are cute but destructive. They get into our garage, it's detached, thank the Lord. After they started to eat the headliner out of our old car, I declared war. I hate how fast they run. 

When I lived in an old farmhouse, 3 tiny baby mice with their eyes closed were walking across the kitchen floor. I did the dance, put an old pot upside down over them and left until my husband came home.

Respected Contributor

My male cats were lazy, the females were always good hunters.

Honored Contributor

I must lead a charmed life.  I don't remember ever having a mouse in the house.  

Respected Contributor

I hate mice but I have a "cute" or disgusting mouse story.

In the house I grew up in I cleared the table and put the dishes in the sink and went back to watch tv.

When I came back a little mouse was licking the barbecue sauce off the plate.

Of course I freaked out and ran everything went into the garbage but looking back it was kind of funny.

He couldn't resist the KC Master Piece BBQ sauce  either! Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@natureluvr wrote:

I, too had that problem 10 years ago.  My friend finally convinced me to set out glue traps, yuck..since they are stuck on the alive.  I was lucky enough that he was the one who removed them and the traps bless him.  He did have a personal vendetta against mice, long story, so he didn't mind too much.  To keep them from coming in from the walls stuff coarse steel wool into walls from molding.  They don't like to crawl on it.  A mouse can squeeze through a opening no bigger than a dime so they come in under wall moldings.  Good luck

The glue traps are such a cruel way though and often also catch snakes and other beneficial critters. I've seen mice actually chew off their own limbs in order to escape glue traps. Please if you are going to kill them, make it a quick humane kill. 

You stood and watched a mouse chew off its limbs?

um noooooo. Think about it. It isn't that difficult to comprehend.

That's what I thought.......

Honored Contributor

There are lots of humane traps for catching mice.

don't get a cat, thinking that will do the trick. I have a photo of my cat, yawning, while a mouse is sitting on the floor, right in front of him!

He did poke at it a bit, but had no intention of harming it.   

I think the mouse was sick, and got into our house via an Amazon.com delivery box that I left open for a while when I heard the phone ringing.   I tried to pick up the mouse with a basket to let it free outside, but it came to life and ran away from me.  Never saw it again.