Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Want terrified? Google camel cave crickets -- they jump at you instead of away from you!

Oh, I had camel crickets in another house a few times.  They aren't nearly as terrifying as mice.  The first time I saw one I was fascinated.  I had no idea what it was so I looked it up in one of my insect books for the kids.  Pretty cool.

Honored Contributor

They belong outdoors. Glue traps work the best on them plus sealing all possible openings in foundation.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

we have a pest control company that comes every month. it helps keep the mice, crickets, and other creepy crawlies at bay. they treat outside first, and then come inside if there are any problems. $60 a month.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Want terrified? Google camel cave crickets -- they jump at you instead of away from you!

oh yes, we have those sometimes in the basement, especially in the spring. i never knew the name. they are so ugly!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

Ours came in through an opening in the foundation where the gas line tees off to the generator. The plumber forgot to seal around the pipe with silicone caulk. The contractor's assistant ended up crawling under the patio and sealing the opening once winter had passed.

It stopped the influx, but I still had to get rid of the ones in the basement. Bought a package of 4 glue traps and set them near an opening in the wall where the baseboard heating is attached and the heating pipe ends. 

It took a few months but I think we caught them all now. 

The bigger adults can jump really high!Woman Surprised

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Has anybody tried Rodent Sheriff?  I keep seeing the commercial. 

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

They belong outdoors. Glue traps work the best on them plus sealing all possible openings in foundation.

Cruel. Be humane and kill them quickly. Sickening to make them suffer on glue traps.

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl

how do you remove them from the Tomcat trap?

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@natureluvr wrote:

I, too had that problem 10 years ago.  My friend finally convinced me to set out glue traps, yuck..since they are stuck on the alive.  I was lucky enough that he was the one who removed them and the traps bless him.  He did have a personal vendetta against mice, long story, so he didn't mind too much.  To keep them from coming in from the walls stuff coarse steel wool into walls from molding.  They don't like to crawl on it.  A mouse can squeeze through a opening no bigger than a dime so they come in under wall moldings.  Good luck

The glue traps are such a cruel way though and often also catch snakes and other beneficial critters. I've seen mice actually chew off their own limbs in order to escape glue traps. Please if you are going to kill them, make it a quick humane kill. 

You stood and watched a mouse chew off its limbs?

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@natureluvr wrote:

I, too had that problem 10 years ago.  My friend finally convinced me to set out glue traps, yuck..since they are stuck on the alive.  I was lucky enough that he was the one who removed them and the traps bless him.  He did have a personal vendetta against mice, long story, so he didn't mind too much.  To keep them from coming in from the walls stuff coarse steel wool into walls from molding.  They don't like to crawl on it.  A mouse can squeeze through a opening no bigger than a dime so they come in under wall moldings.  Good luck

The glue traps are such a cruel way though and often also catch snakes and other beneficial critters. I've seen mice actually chew off their own limbs in order to escape glue traps. Please if you are going to kill them, make it a quick humane kill. 

You stood and watched a mouse chew off its limbs?

um noooooo. Think about it. It isn't that difficult to comprehend.