Honored Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

... in my house.

It must die soon.

*shudders*

@Mellie32 - Get Victor Electronic traps from Amazon (best value).  I have them in my basement and detached garage.  You put a little bit (a very small amount) of PB on the inside of the trap.  Once the mice are lured in by the scent, they're electrocuted by a current.  A light flashes to let you know, if there's anything in the trap.

It's fast, clean and as humane as you're going to get, if you want to kill them.  Glue traps are appalling.  I can't imagine anyone hating any living creature so much that they'd sentence it to die a slow, painful death like that from starvation, terrified at being stuck fast.  IMO, those should be illegal.  Even mice should have the right to a humane death.

I don't tolerate mice in my house or garage (had too many get into my car), but I make sure their death is as quick and "painless" as possible.  Then all you do is open the top of the small black box and empty it into the trash.  Although, since I live in the country, I've been known to put the dead mouse out on the field for crows, etc. to have it.  At least that way, it hasn't died in vain!

Good luck with getting rid of them.  You really can't afford to let them run rampant in your home.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia

ooo...ouch

Valued Contributor

Here is my recommendation. Kill the mice the old fashion way by using traps and baiting them with peanut butter. Here is my story. I noticed little droppings on my kitchen counter.. Told my husband and he set two traps one on the floor and one on the counter. Caught one the first night and one the following night. And that was it. No more visitors. Good luck.

Honored Contributor

Here is my mouse story-- had peanut pieces in their plastic bag in utility room and saw a hole at bottom of bag. I wondered who did this? I taped it up and next night same thing! Realized we had a mouse in basement. Got glue traps -- no luck. Finally bought the real mousetraps, put some peanut butter on one and next night caught it!

Contractor came and sealed an opening in overhang -- mouse got in over the sill plate and fell into the utility room! 

Of course DH tells me after that incident when he went into utility room, in the slop sink was a dead mouse! Why didn't he mention it to me?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

You wouldn't believe the menagerie of rodents and what not going on at my house anymore.  I don't know what has happened.

We had 1 snake living under our patio.  We have now discovered there are 3 living under there and 1 is a tad aggressive.  DH and I are going to attempt to relocate them this weekend to a wooded area.

Someone told me that at least we won't have a mouse problem.  Au contraire.  I was down in the basement last week digging for something and much to my chagrin came across quite a bit of mouse poop!  Now I wonder if the snakes outside are makin the mice come inside!

Then I was looking out my kitchen window and there was a cute little chipmunk on my deck running around, a mess of birds all the way out back at the feeders and 3 squirrels and several rabbits back there eating the seed from off the ground that the birds drop.

I generally open the patio door and make everything leave before I let the dog out so we don't have a race around the backyard as she tries to catch them.  One squirrel flat refused to move.  I was all the way up to him telling him he needed to leave because the dog was coming out.  He just kept right on looking at me and eating. 

My yard has turned into a darn zoo! 

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

@Venezia

ooo...ouch

@Justice4all - Ouch?  They're killed in seconds.  Would you prefer them to have their necks snapped?  Which doesn't always kill them outright so they linger in pain or stuck to a glue trap?  Poisoned - brutally painful as they bleed out internally and a danger to any other animal that ingests the mouse once it finally dies?

No one in his or her right mind would let mice overrun his home, causing untold damage and the threat of fire, if they chew electrical wires.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva - You have my empathy.  Notice I said empathy, not sympathy.  That's because I have the same experience.  The bit about the squirrel made me laugh.  Just the other day I opened the patio door and told a grey squirrel to get OFF my bird feeder.  He just looked at me, so I told him "Yes, I mean YOU!"  Then I said I was coming out to get him.  He actually sat there and stomped his feet at me and made a little boxing motion with his paws!!!  At which point I said "Oh, whatever" and shut the door.  What are you gonna do?  Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@Venezia

which model? There are so many

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all - I'm not sure we're allowed to post links here, but I'll try.  If it gets deleted just google Victor Electronic Mouse Trap M2524 on Amazon.

Mouse Trap

Respected Contributor

We were getting a few mice in the house. The cats were not helpful in catching them. DH found some holes that needed patching in the foundation. Haven't had any mice since they were patched.

Peanut butter what was did the trick for us. Tried cheese...and the ungrateful little rodents didn't like it. Don't think I would like to use ground beef. It would get stinky if the mice didn't find it right away.

We tried several different types of traps, but the JAWZ worked best for us. Easy to put in the bait and reusable. No snapped fingers.

Product Details

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli