Honored Contributor

So, I'm driving in my car and Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac comes on the radio.  My apologies to Fleetwood Mac for forgetting how great a band they were, Lindsey Buckingham ( guitar) and Mick Fleetwood (drums) have got to be tops in their field. The Rumours album is superb. They may not be on my Mount Rushmore but do earn an honorable mention. 

Esteemed Contributor

Pop musicians? 

Louis Armstrong, Robert Johnson, Woody Guthrie, Chuck Berry - all the others were influenced by these earlier cats.

(I teach college American pop music.)

Respected Contributor

Re: Mount Rushmore

[ Edited ]

Very cool question, Jordan 2!

I don't really like the idea of putting people, flesh and blood visionaries and artists, in stone--they don't create things that way.  They don't make things happen that way. 

But for me right now, the Rock-n-Blues faces on Rushmore would be Bessie Smith, Chuck Berry, Bob Dylan, and Janis Joplin. 

(But tomorrow I could probably think of an alternative four.  I see I already named four in an earlier posting!). 

Other folks mentioned that occured to me today aren't  rock and roll, but Hank Williams, Emmylou Harris, Roy Orbison, and Dolly Parton are also mountain-memorable.  So many brilliant musicians--what would we do without them??

Esteemed Contributor

Freddie Mercury 

Aretha Franklin

Esteemed Contributor

Elvis.

Charlie bigger.jpg

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Regular Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

Very cool question, Jordan 2!

I don't really like the idea of putting people, flesh and blood visionaries and artists, in stone--they don't create things that way.  They don't make things happen that way. 

But for me right now, the Rock-n-Blues faces on Rushmore would be Bessie Smith, Chuck Berry, Bob Dylan, and Janis Joplin. 

(But tomorrow I could probably think of an alternative four.  I see I already named four in an earlier posting!). 

Other folks mentioned that occured to me today aren't  rock and roll, but Hank Williams, Emmylou Harris, Roy Orbison, and Dolly Parton are also mountain-memorable.  So many brilliant musicians--what would we do without them??

👍 @Burnsite !

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

Elvis.

Charlie bigger.jpg

hckynut

@hckynutjohn SO!  Elvis IS alive and here he is holding a cat!   Who knew?????Woman Very Happy