Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mossimo's Sentence In Admissions Scandal

@coco14 wrote:

@beckyb1012 

Sorry but she was fully aware of the situation and should receive the same, if not more, of a punishmeent.

Very smug and proud - and so are her two daughters - the apples did not fall far from the tree.

------------------

I agree with everything you stated!!!   How could she not be fully aware???   I find these people revolting!!

Honored Contributor

The more influential people who have to spend time in actual hard time prison, the faster we will see prison reform happen. "Oh my God! This is inhumane! I can't live like this!" is more listened to when it comes from the well to do and powerful. Shouldn't be, but it is.

And of course, prisoners should not be forced to endure Covid. Since they are completely unable to protect themselves, their lives having been completely taken out of their own control, everything should be done to protect them.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@porcelain. How do you know they had to downsize their mansion and didn't simply choose to? Maybe they just chose not to love there because they were ostracized at the country club. Or maybe because their kids are grown up now.
Esteemed Contributor

I have no use for them.They thought they were entitled to have their daughters skate through because they were wealthy.They deserve to go to jail.That ought to wipe the smug look off of their cheating faces.

Respected Contributor

@Snoopp I should have maybe said that that is the stated criteria. I agree with you 100%. They are releasing prisoners with violent pasts which is really scary. I guess my point should have been that compared to the other inmates being released, the crimes of these two probably will not put them into prison for long. They are not violent offenders.
Respected Contributor

I would have liked to see both of them be assigned, after their prison time, 5 years at a women’s and children’s shelter. Mossimo could provide some clothing for them and not sure what she could do, but want her there.

Those fines mean nothing to them. Maybe bring your bratty daughters with you. Yes, this really bothers me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:
@porcelain. How do you know they had to downsize their mansion and didn't simply choose to? Maybe they just chose not to love there because they were ostracized at the country club. Or maybe because their kids are grown up now.

"Had to" is doing a lot of work here. You can say they are choosing to do these things, but it is extremely unlikely these things would be happening if they hadn't been caught and convicted of these crimes.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@coco14 wrote:

@beckyb1012 

Sorry but she was fully aware of the situation and should receive the same, if not more, of a punishmeent.

Very smug and proud - and so are her two daughters - the apples did not fall far from the tree.

------------------

I agree with everything you stated!!!   How could she not be fully aware???   I find these people revolting!!

Maybe so but I am sure they are having to go by actual evidence instead emotion for making the case, sentencing and punishment. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but, even, if I hadn't really been interested in college, I still would have found it, kind of soul crushing, to know my parents thought I was such a looser, they had no faith, in me, finding my way.  Instead, they had to commit bribery, to get me into school!  

That's not the way it works. People who get by on privilege, money, and nepotism usually believe they (or their parents) worked hard to get where they are and that they deserve it. I highly doubt any of those rich kids were torn up over the fact they got into great schools with a little help from their parents. You see this play out in just about every aspect of life.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

Covid will probably have them released early.

They committed a fraud and are taking a walk.

They should have admitted guilt from the start.

Little respect for these individuals.