Honored Contributor

Re: Mossimo's Sentence In Admissions Scandal

@Lucky Charm. They didn't have enough evidence against Macy.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@Lucky Charm. They didn't have enough evidence against Macy.

Thanks @Pearlee 

Geez, two places I try to live by so I'll never see -- prison and he-ll.

Honored Contributor

It will be interesting to see if they serve all of their time, or early release....I can still see Lori smiling and signing autographs after her 1st court appearance. So Smug!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This whole "school bribery" caught/trial/punishment certainly smells of "don't you know who I am" privilege.

Honored Contributor

Since the girls got into college based on their being on the rowing team, were they actually on it at the college?  I don't see how they could avoid it.  You can't just do that without dedication and experience. 

I understand they had none, but how were they going to get out of it?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Good. Maybe that couple will stop smirking so much.

I think the community service will be even worse for them than a few months in jail. Actual hard work helping others and being told what to do and being treated like regular people will be hellish for them. Serves them right.

And they're forever convicted felons. I guess they had to downsize their mansion and got kicked out of their country club because the country club does not allow felons as members. That might hurt them the worst of all.

If they learn and grow from all this, I'm willing to hand out second and third chances. Except for the unforgivable, I'm usually willing to do that. Sometimes cold hard reality chages people for the better. We'll see what happens here.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

It will be interesting to see if they serve all of their time, or early release....I can still see Lori smiling and signing autographs after her 1st court appearance. So Smug!

@CANDLEQUEEN   That is exactly my lasting impression of her as well! 

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

Since the girls got into college based on their being on the rowing team, were they actually on it at the college?  I don't see how they could avoid it.  You can't just do that without dedication and experience. 

@NickNack wrote:

---------

Well, exactly.  

If the girls were admitted, for their rowing prowess, and they knew nothing about it, wouldn't it be quite the shock, to find yourself on the rowing team, ot at least expected, to participate and try out?  I know, I would have been pretty darn startled! 

Maybe it's just me, but, even, if I hadn't really been interested in college, I still would have found it, kind of soul crushing, to know my parents thought I was such a looser, they had no faith, in me, finding my way.  Instead, they had to commit bribery, to get me into school!  

Respected Contributor

Prisoners from prisons all over the United States are being released early because of the spread of Covid. I seriously doubt that this pair will serve all the time they received for this crime. I doubt if they pose a threat to anyone other then themselves. That seems to be the criteria for early release.
Esteemed Contributor

@cody2 wrote:
Prisoners from prisons all over the United States are being released early because of the spread of Covid. I seriously doubt that this pair will serve all the time they received for this crime. I doubt if they pose a threat to anyone other then themselves. That seems to be the criteria for early release.

I also think they will be released early.  However, violent crimes have been committed by some after release due to Covid, so I don’t think that’s the criteria for release.