Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mossimo's Sentence In Admissions Scandal

It will probably be the poshiest jail in the country. I betcha. For both of them. If they had to live like a lot of Americans, they'd probably think they were in jail. I hope they have fun. 

Valued Contributor

I know they can't put the kids away but they were part of it by taking those pictures that were false, they knew what they were doing, because they deserved it they deserved more than other hard-working students.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think Lori's youngest daughter even wanted to go to college, I think it's what Lori and her husband wanted.  What's really sad is that this group of parents and college officials who were indicted is just a drop in the bucket of what has been going on for decades at many universities.  

The Giannullis could have legally made a large contribution to the school and gotten their daughters into USC through the back door.  They either didn't know the side door route was a federal crime or they were trying to save money.  

Honored Contributor

@Dinaki. Yes, that was Mossimo's line of clothing at Target. It is the first name of Lori Laughlin's husband.
Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

I don't think Lori's youngest daughter even wanted to go to college, I think it's what Lori and her husband wanted.  What's really sad is that this group of parents and college officials who were indicted is just a drop in the bucket of what has been going on for decades at many universities.  

The Giannullis could have legally made a large contribution to the school and gotten their daughters into USC through the back door.  They either didn't know the side door route was a federal crime or they were trying to save money.  

@Linmo  Yes, this has been going on forever with many people. It especially helps if the parents went to the school also, but if not, the huge donations will do it. Many well known people have done this. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think most of us might feel the same way about laurie and mossimo.   The utter entitlement and sheer arrogance with which they acted. the fact they involved their daughter in a part of their scheme.  The fact they told their daughter  to be quiet around her school councilor , lest the councellor catch on....was just audacious.  What nerve.  That is why people are angry, and unsympathetic toward them.  Not one word of remorse.  Too proud.  Whle most of us believee doing something like is not only wrong, unfair...but unfair to your child.  Why not just tell your kid to steal that handbag in Neimans they want, because they deserve it
I actually had compasson for Felicity, she was more humble and remorseful,  it was a good PR move on her part to bite the bullet and except her wrongs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can be sure Felicity acted humble and yes, good PR move for her to do so. 

Working it, working it....

Esteemed Contributor

I agree Felicity made a good PR move, but I'm not ready to see her on TV anytime soon.  Not interested in seeing Lori either.  

Where is Mossimo's clothing line featured these days?  (other than his own website?) It's been years since I've seen his stuff at Target.  I noticed his website has a place to enter an email address and at the top right there's a link to enter a password.  Guess that adds to his exclusivity, but seems like he'd be wanting to make it easier for potential customers to see his line. (assuming he has a product line for this season)

Esteemed Contributor

Rick Singer has been a criminal for many years - and no one reported him. As long as the schools make lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ - they stay quiet. Kinda like Harvey Weinstein and Jeffreey Epstein. Everyone knew for YEARS - and if they wanted to speak out - they were shut up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wildcat fan wrote:

I agree Felicity made a good PR move, but I'm not ready to see her on TV anytime soon.  Not interested in seeing Lori either.  

Where is Mossimo's clothing line featured these days?  (other than his own website?) It's been years since I've seen his stuff at Target.  I noticed his website has a place to enter an email address and at the top right there's a link to enter a password.  Guess that adds to his exclusivity, but seems like he'd be wanting to make it easier for potential customers to see his line. (assuming he has a product line for this season)

Shoekitty said,   I could be wrong as I a not a fan of his, never was.  But years ago I believe he sold his company.  Maybe the person who bought it changed the name.?