Honored Contributor

Re: Mossimo's Sentence In Admissions Scandal

Lori and Mossimo buy houses (mansions?) and remodel/design them and then sell.  They've been doing this for years.

Lori's reporting date has not been scheduled yet.  I know they were requesting to serve at different times and not at the same time.

I can see them not serving at all or being released after a few days.

I don't think it serves any purpose for them to be in prison.  I think having them assigned to a very specific community service project would be a better use of their time, money and skills.

I know I am the lone dissenter here, but I do not understand the outrage about this scandal.  People have been paying schools to admit kids for years.  So instead of paying for naming rights to a library or a sports complex, they pay people to get them in another way.

I also don't understand the outrage over cheating in baseball.  Players/teams have been cheating in baseball since the earth was new, not sure why we're all clutching our pearls about it now.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35. They will be doing community service as well as prison time. I don't have a problem with them doing both. Hopefully they will learn some lessons from doing one or the other because they still don't think they did anything wrong (IMO) and only pled guilty to get reduced sentences.
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@VaBelle35. They will be doing community service as well as prison time. I don't have a problem with them doing both. Hopefully they will learn some lessons from doing one or the other because they still don't think they did anything wrong (IMO) and only pled guilty to get reduced sentences.

Agree with you @Pearlee. I've read some posts here that say they also pled guilty to keep the daughters from being charged.  I'm really disappointed with the prosecutors in these cases.  They had good evidence that would lead to convictions, and it was evident the daughters were complicit, so IMO no need to set the bar so low and excuse the daugters.

Esteemed Contributor

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:
@porcelain. How do you know they had to downsize their mansion and didn't simply choose to? Maybe they just chose not to love there because they were ostracized at the country club. Or maybe because their kids are grown up now.

Shoekitty said,  i may be wrong but I had thought they tried to sell their home before this happened and they  pulled it off market as it didnt sell at the time.  Then relisted it.  This . Is  is this the home that over looks the Bel Air Bay club in Palisades, right?   It is HUGE.   I have to say the grounds are a wonderous sight.  I hear the home is wonderful, but it migt outprice te neighborhood at 35 million.   I think they put more into the home than they should have  because it was personal project of love.  They bought it for around 15, but they tore it down and rebuilt.

but, those two certainly  reaped what they sewed.  I imagine they  have a couple bucks left, but it will years until they work agaain.  Laurie is a Hallmark actress, no one else would hire her.  And Hallmark cant hire her now.  Mossimo, I dont know about.  He sold his business years ago.  I dont know how he made his money after that.  Anyone?

Esteemed Contributor

It amazes me how easy it is to get into USC - u just have to know how to ROW, ROW, ROW.

Respected Contributor

If their daughters would have actually done rowing, even a minimal amount, that would have been great.  My daughters have a friend whose parents made her row in high school just so she would get a rowing scholarship to a good college.  She got into a great school with a scholarship.  

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

It amazes me how easy it is to get into USC - u just have to know how to ROW, ROW, ROW.

Shoekitty said

yes, the Lord knows that hard work, good grades, good character and community service dont often work

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

@kivah wrote:

Shoekitty said

yes, the Lord knows that hard work, good grades, good character and community service dont often work

@kivah  Or play football if you are a male. That’s all you will need.