Trusted Contributor

@ILOVE ME wrote:

The one host who causes me to immediately change channel from QVC is PAT JAMES DE MENTRI. I have nick named her the AHHHHHH woman. Every other word out of her mouth is ahhhhhhh. Very distracting. Years ago I called QVC to comment on this very obvious verbal tic.....nothing was done. Instead Stacey, Gabrielle and Kristine are gone. I don't get it. Perhaps PJD sells more stuff when she is on air....but for me-she is a big turn off.

@ILOVE ME 

Wow!  🤭

Super Contributor
God, no kidding. Give the op a break!
Trusted Contributor

Indeed.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Missing Hosts

[ Edited ]

@ILOVE ME wrote:

The one host who causes me to immediately change channel from QVC is PAT JAMES DE MENTRI. I have nick named her the AHHHHHH woman. Every other word out of her mouth is ahhhhhhh. Very distracting. Years ago I called QVC to comment on this very obvious verbal tic.....nothing was done. Instead Stacey, Gabrielle and Kristine are gone. I don't get it. Perhaps PJD sells more stuff when she is on air....but for me-she is a big turn off.

I can't imagine being so bothered by a host, that I would call some poor customer service representative, who has no control over how a host presents themselves, and complain.

Obviously they didn't listen to you, and felt that Pat's presentations were fine, provided, that your complaint even went anywhere.

Most likely, the CSR said that she would "pass on" the complaint, but in reality, it didn't go any further than that person.

If something about a host bothered me, I would not waste my time or the time of some Customer Service Representative who couldn't do anything.

Instead, I would just change the channel.

It's just easier that way.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

Honestly, I'm a little surprised to see that Mary Beth is still there.  They must be paying her a mint.  

Occasional Contributor

Yes, please give the original poster a break. Viewers can become attached to certain hosts, especially when they have been hosting for years. QVC is on 24/7 and is 'company' to many who live alone and are unable to get out.