Respected Contributor

FIRE HAS RIPPED THROUGH RACHAEL RAYS HOME

[ Edited ]

Celebrity chef Rachael Ray and her husband John Cusimano were not harmed after a fire roared through their upstate New York home Sunday night.

"Thanks for the concern. Rachael, her husband and their dog Bella are safe," Ray's representative Charlie Dougiello told USA TODAY in a statement. "The house is unfortunately damaged and we don't yet know to what extent. "

Firefighters rushed to Ray's Lake Luzerne, N.Y. home on Chuckwagon Trail, about an hour north of Albany, at around 8 p.m. Sunday night. Sheriff Jim LaFarr told TV station KRQE that there were no injuries.

Photos from the scene show flames fully engulfing the home and shooting through the roof.

EfB5NnkWAAA6ze-.jpg

Valued Contributor

Re: FIRE HAS RIPPED THROUGH RACHAEL RAYS HOME

Very sad.  Such a tragedy whenever a fire occurs.  And this is in such a rural area.  Guessing not much fire protection coverage with many hydrants and fire trucks available either which causes even more damage until it can be brought under control.  Fortunately they are all ok.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry that she lost her home, that has to be devastating, but I am glad that everyone, human and animals, are safe.

But, she is more fortunate than most, where she can afford to rebuild.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

From the photos, it looks like it may need to be gutted.  

Valued Contributor

This has a news report from tv station from area and video of this tragic fire.  Just wait for the video to completely play.

https://www.mynbc5.com/article/fire-heavily-damages-adirondack-home-of-rachael-ray/33560725

Honored Contributor

Oh, no............

Thank goodness and their lucky stars that they and their new puppy are safe.

And also, the surrounding homes, trees, animals, etc.  

One fire can cause even more tragedy.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.   I  believe, on her show, she often mentions that her mom lives right across her street.

Thank goodness that she's safe, too.   Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I don't care what one's financial status is, something like this would be devastating.  I cannot imagine having to rebuild after losing everything.  Some things cannot be replaced. 

Thank goodness she, her husband and the dog are okay.    

Valued Contributor

neRe: FIRE HAS RIPPED THROUGH RACHAEL RAYS HOME

[ Edited ]

Another tv news report with live commentary from near scene during fire.  Scroll down until you find this picture to play video with coments during fire.  Looks & sounds like it was very bad.  No water available...had to bring it in by truck.

https://wnyt.com/warren-county-ny-news/a-fire-was-reported-at-the-home-of-rachael-ray-in-lake-luzern...

Screenshot_20200810-115936.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: neRe: FIRE HAS RIPPED THROUGH RACHAEL RAYS HOME

8:15 AM PT -- Rachael just shared her appreciation for everyone concerned about her, and for the fire fighters who tried to save what they could of her house.

She tweeted ... "Thank you to our local first responders for being kind and gracious and saving what they could of our home. Grateful that my mom, my husband, my dog… we’re all okay. These are the days we all have to be grateful for what we have, not what we’ve lost."

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.