Honored Contributor

@Callender wrote:
What has happened to Antonella and Gabrielle? I've been shopping the Q for over 34 years when it was CVN. Whenever this happens, it leaves everyone with a sense of loss. Can't you find a better way to do this? At least let them say goodbye so we can all have some closure.

@Callender  They have been let go by QVC.  Any type of goodbye moment would be highly inappropriate.  However, I understand, from reading here mostly, that many viewers have become attached to hosts.  You can always go to their Facebook, Instagram, and/or YouTube pages to keep in touch with them.  

Antonella has very frequent posts on all three social media platforms. Gabrielle appears to be taking a break from posting though.  She posted an immediate good bye on FB and IG, but I haven't seen anything from her since.

The other two former hosts, Stacey Stauffer and Kristine Zell, also post a lot on their personal pages.

Honored Contributor

@ILOVE ME wrote:

The one host who causes me to immediately change channel from QVC is PAT JAMES DE MENTRI. I have nick named her the AHHHHHH woman. Every other word out of her mouth is ahhhhhhh. Very distracting. Years ago I called QVC to comment on this very obvious verbal tic.....nothing was done. Instead Stacey, Gabrielle and Kristine are gone. I don't get it. Perhaps PJD sells more stuff when she is on air....but for me-she is a big turn off.

@ILOVE ME 

Different strokes for different folks...... I did like Gabrielle, she was very professional, and I DO like Pat. But Kristine didnt fit the job,  she was very scripted instead of having a natural conversation with the vendor, and didnt do her homework on the products and made a lot of mistakes

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Stacy posted a message on Instagram that's how I found out she had left.

Respected Contributor

When I turn on Q lately I think "who the heck is that?" New hosts that talk a mile a minute like Minnie Mouse and spend their time admiring themselves in the camera.What is going on there? Crazy.....like the rest of the world.I miss Lia, Marybeth, Jane Brown etc and don't see them that much anymore. This morning Amy is talking so darn fast she is spinning....WAY too frantic for me. Saving $ because I can't stand to watch (or listen!) Yikes! IMHO only.

Regular Contributor

I cannot believe the commentary on some of the very beloved hosts. PJD has been on QVC about 30 years and I have enjoyed her every time she is on. She has a pleasant voice, is attractive and does a good job presenting - who else could last with SG all these years? And as you might already know she and Dan Hughes hosted a DAILY morning show for many years. She is a divorced mom of a now grown daughter; her charming cheater of a husband was on the local news in this area - he got the heave ho and she was at the reins to support her daughter and not lose her mind. Did you ever watch her host the monthly 18k shows - great at it.. Can you tell I really like her?  I CANnot believe you callled QVC to critique a mannerism............who are you? a professional casting agent.........sorry your opinion is a lousy one...

Honored Contributor

@Jaspersmom wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@Callender wrote:
What has happened to Antonella and Gabrielle? I've been shopping the Q for over 34 years when it was CVN. Whenever this happens, it leaves everyone with a sense of loss. Can't you find a better way to do this? At least let them say goodbye so we can all have some closure.

They're not dead, so no "closure" needed.

And no, whenever this happens it does NOT leave "everyone with a sense of loss." Regarding at least one host who's no longer on board, I thought it was a long time coming but the person had become a bad fit. 

Please give the original poster a break.  There are QVC viewers who do get attached to certain hosts and it does come as a shock when they leave, especially if they've worked there for a long time.  I know I was a big fan of Kathy Levine and watched her often with Joan Rivers.  What a team!  Anyway, it was sad to see her go and although it wasn't like a death, I felt sad in such a way that an enjoyable part of watching QVC would be no more.  No, hosts probably aren't going to go into great detail why they're leaving and QVC probably wouldn't let them anyway, but people are curious and want to know the why.  

@Jaspersmom 

And add to that, the fact that QVC has had many, many 'Send off shows' for other hosts who have left in the past, ie. Lisa Robertson, Jill Bauer, Lisa Mason, Dave KIng, Bob Bowersox, etc., why not for these hosts?

Curiosity is a normal human trait in most people. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Callender I have NO sense of loss because some TV sales people lost their jobs.

Honored Contributor

laid off/fired/furloughed employees don't get going away parties or chances to say goodbye.

no matter how beloved they are , 

Regular Contributor

I disagree with mean spirited comments about any host.!

Honored Contributor

@Callender 

If you are an Antonella fan, she's doing content on youtube dot com.

She always makes me smile and I live for a reason to smile, LOL!

It's called,  'Ma, What's for Dinner?, I believe, but I'll tag @Naturesbeauty , who's so kind to post links to her cooking videos here.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.