Respected Contributor

A neighbor swears by her workouts.  This lady has a lovely body and moves like someone years younger.  I just started with knee issues and doctor says need strength in ankles and hips.  I should have started with this program years ago!

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

I love Classical Stretch. I do it at least five days a week. I have a subscription to the Essentrics site and have the channel right there on my Roku home screen.

I don't have to dvr shows or try to catch them live. Most of the seasons of Classical stretch are available on demand with the subscription. I started with the PBS Aging Backwards series, which is available on demand, and then got working on doing each season day by day.

I've had great results. My knees are strong and dont click or pain me anymore. My ankles and calves are stronger and more mobile than they've ever been. I have shoulders again. My legs feel solid. My posture reminds me more and more of a professional dancer. And that's not all of it but I don't want to keep bragging.

I do have to say it's hard work to do the complete workout. It strengthens your back and abs and thighs like gangbusters. When Miranda starts doing the clocks and airplanes I groan and sometimes can't do all the reps. That's good though. There's room to grow.

Sounds great! I have very similar results from Pilates!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

I love Classical Stretch. I do it at least five days a week. I have a subscription to the Essentrics site and have the channel right there on my Roku home screen.

I don't have to dvr shows or try to catch them live. Most of the seasons of Classical stretch are available on demand with the subscription. I started with the PBS Aging Backwards series, which is available on demand, and then got working on doing each season day by day.

I've had great results. My knees are strong and dont click or pain me anymore. My ankles and calves are stronger and more mobile than they've ever been. I have shoulders again. My legs feel solid. My posture reminds me more and more of a professional dancer. And that's not all of it but I don't want to keep bragging.

I do have to say it's hard work to do the complete workout. It strengthens your back and abs and thighs like gangbusters. When Miranda starts doing the clocks and airplanes I groan and sometimes can't do all the reps. That's good though. There's room to grow.

Sounds great! I have very similar results from Pilates!

Pilates is hard core! Literally. I'm impressed by anybody who does Pilates. I know a few people who are committed to Pilates and it shows.

Classical Stretch is pretty challenging, but I'd say it's easier than Pilates. Or any of the barre workouts. It's shorter, 23 minutes. Some of the stretching reminds me of Pilates. I'd say difficulty is along the lines of Callanetics, which I used to do, but for your whole body including all the little muscles of the back etc.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

@Twins Mom, it's never too late to start Classical Stretch.  She does exercises that focus on ankle strengthening and hip strengthening.  She talks a lot about knee issues and how they are related to a misallignment or weakness is another part of your body.  If you go to classical stretch dot com (about us/videos) she has some mini videos that are problem-specific so you can get an idea.  Good luck!  I think you will be pleased with the results.

Valued Contributor

@Porcelain, you should be proud about tackling the plie routines.  I have to chuckle, as she has us reaching up and down as we plie, when she says, "I know you're screaming at me but that's OK, I can't hear you."

Super Contributor

Another fan here! After reading the descriptions of the seasons, and matching them to wear I'm at, I have bought the DVD sets on eBay.

A few years ago, Miranda came to the PBS station in a city about an hour and a half from where I live. Of course I went! She was lovely, and the cross section of women & men was very interesting. Miranda spoke for about 30 minutes and then conducted a modified class (the attendees were in street clothes.

That you can exercise your muscles, fascia and joints so efficiently in her workouts is amazing!

Respected Contributor

@lynne6was7 

Thank you for words of encouragement and information.  I truly thought I had broken something in knee.  I need to accept exercise in my day.