Respected Contributor

I have watched her on PBS and have thought about getting a dvd but I just found you can find some clips on YouTube.  Anyone do this form of exercise?  I have an old 3 cord Pilates machine which I use but I would like to alternate with something else.  I also walk but not so much in the winter...

Valued Contributor

I know she has a few books out.

I have one of them.

I need exercises that are not hard because of fibromyalgia and a prior blood clot which is not chronic vein insufficiency.

I walk and use resistance bands as well and ride a bike (when it is not snowing) and also do yoga.

I find her exercises are helpful. 

But I do not do it with he you tube I follow her book.

Honored Contributor

I watch her (it's Esmonde-White) in the morning on Classical Stretch and I have a couple DVDs.  If you don't feel like stretching at 5:30 (that's when the show airs here), you can DVR it and watch at a more convenient time.

I prefer the full-body standing exercises.  It's roughly a 25-minute workout and it goes by pretty quickly.

Look for Essentrics online.

I like it because I feel like I'm in a ballet class for half an hour.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor
I've been doing her Classical Stretch workouts daily for many years. I highly recommend them for everyone, of any age. Help realign your body, and keep you mobile and pain-free. Help when you over do at the gym or in the garden. Great for runners. Her exercises for the feet and fingers are amazing. I was starting to get arthritis pain in my fingers - no more.

Her Classical Stretch program airs early morning on many PBS stations. It's a perfect wakeup routine. But if you're not an early riser, it's well worth recording. It's only about 23 minutes per episode. Depending on the routine, you may need a sturdy dining chair, a bath towel or resistance band, a phone book or yoga riser, and/or a mat.

Her Classical Stretch DVDs go on sale a few times per year, 30-40% off. My favorite series are #12 and #9. But the description of each DVD lists the focus of each of the 30 routines so you can choose the best series for you.
Trusted Contributor

There is a subscription website from which you can stream all the Classical Stretch episodes and a ton more related workouts, called Essentrics, led by other instructors of the method.

I won't post the link because I understand that can shut down the post - but search for Essentrics.  I have subscribed from time to time, never had a problem cancelling when I need to tighten my wallet. It's about $15 monthly plus a tiny Canada processing fee.

Trusted Contributor

I love Essentrics, but the Miranda's program is on at 6 AM, which is just too darn early for me! I'll try YouTube and the website. I don't have a DVR.

Honored Contributor

I love Classical Stretch. I do it at least five days a week. I have a subscription to the Essentrics site and have the channel right there on my Roku home screen.

I don't have to dvr shows or try to catch them live. Most of the seasons of Classical stretch are available on demand with the subscription. I started with the PBS Aging Backwards series, which is available on demand, and then got working on doing each season day by day.

I've had great results. My knees are strong and dont click or pain me anymore. My ankles and calves are stronger and more mobile than they've ever been. I have shoulders again. My legs feel solid. My posture reminds me more and more of a professional dancer. And that's not all of it but I don't want to keep bragging.

I do have to say it's hard work to do the complete workout. It strengthens your back and abs and thighs like gangbusters. When Miranda starts doing the clocks and airplanes I groan and sometimes can't do all the reps. That's good though. There's room to grow.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@lynne6was7 wrote:

...Her Classical Stretch DVDs go on sale a few times per year, 30-40% off. My favorite series are #12 and #9. But the description of each DVD lists the focus of each of the 30 routines so you can choose the best series for you.

@lynne6was7 I'm doing Season 9 right now! I love all the birds chirping during the workouts. Maybe I'll do Season 12 next.

"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor
I like season 9 because the workouts alternate between no-impact cardio and strength training. Have you seen the episode yet where the family of critters marches across the path right in front of her?
Honored Contributor

@lynne6was7 wrote:
I like season 9 because the workouts alternate between no-impact cardio and strength training. Have you seen the episode yet where the family of critters marches across the path right in front of her?

When we were doing (I think) episode 20 DH said he saw some sort of critter with a tail run across the screen. I was too busy huffing and puffing and looking the wrong way. I'll keep a lookout for animal families! Woman Very Happy

I"m getting good at the plies now. Very proud.