Esteemed Contributor

Re: Millennials vs. Generation Z

I raised 3 millenials. This confident group sure doesn't want to repeat mistakes of previous generations. What's the average age of marriage for this group - almost 30? And many will remain unmarried until 40 - or never married. I work at a campus around a lot of Gen Z - the tech-y, financially focused, entrepreneurial generation. Between Mills & Z's I think they'll change the world -- for the better!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

Re: Millennials vs. Generation Z

@jeanlake wrote:

I raised 3 millenials. This confident group sure doesn't want to repeat mistakes of previous generations. What's the average age of marriage for this group - almost 30? And many will remain unmarried until 40 - or never married. I work at a campus around a lot of Gen Z - the tech-y, financially focused, entrepreneurial generation. Between Mills & Z's I think they'll change the world -- for the better!

They might change the world of they'll make their own mistakes.  I'm a part of the Gen X or Gen Y generation.  I work with close to retirement baby boomers and millennials.  People in my age range learned from those who came before us.  We made suggestions or changes after we got the lay of the land.  We tended to respect experience and institutional knowledge.  But a lot of millennials walk in the door thinking they have all the answers.  There's a confidence that borders on arrogance.  That's not true of everyone of course.  Most are educated, motivated, and eager to learn.  They quickly become assets to the organization.