Trusted Contributor

Re: Microfleece sheets or flannel?

I love Cotton flannel.  Breathable, more absorbent.  Unfortunately, even they can be too warm sometimes with

industrial-strength hot flashes and night sweats.  

Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am a 100% egyptian  or supima cotton sheet person here.  I like about 500-680 tc.  Sheets are all so different.  One 500 rc is not another 500tc.  Same for flannel sheets.  Before I turned to the crispy Sheet life, I loved 100% cotton flannel.  For years thats all I used.  I used flannel spring, summer, winter fall.  Micro fleece, not so much for me.  I can feel the polyester, and I took them back so fast. This was a while jback, idk if they have 100% Cotton microfleece now, but they didnt back then.

one of my daughters and her husband loves it though.  To each their own I guess.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I grew up with flannel winter sheets, but it was a thinner, smoother flannel. I can't stand the thick,heavy ones that pill. I've tried the polar fleece from Northern Nights, and I love them. They are cozy, light weight and soft though they take up a lot of room in a linen cupboard.  If you get too hot in the middle of the night, then these are not for you. I just got a new bed with a very deep mattress, and I can't find polar fleece with extra deep pockets. So I'm braving the rainy season with Egyptian cotton.