Respected Contributor

Re: Microfleece sheets or flannel?

fleece is made from plastic soda pop bottles. great for outerwear, and nice to recycle, but not for me to put on my bed.

Valued Contributor

I tried the micro fleece for the first time last night and I loved them.  They were so soft and cozy.  I didn’t have to get in a cold bed when I got up during the night.  I had always used flannel when the weather got cold but I like these so much more.  I wanted to order a set for my daughter but they are out of queen size so if you return that size I may buy them.

Trusted Contributor

@petepetey wrote:

I was swayed by a presentation last week and bought microfleece sheet set. Now

that I have them they seem thick. I have not opened the package so I can return them.

Which is better flannel or microfleece?

Flannel lasts about a season and then they pill and aren't so soft. That is what I am used to though.

Are microfleece too warm, too soft, downside?

There is NO downsideSmiley Happy  If you want to be just the right temp and cozy and comfortable-go fleece.  

Super Contributor

I used to have flannel sheets,  but I got the fleece for a gift last year and they are so soft cozy and warm (and not heavy).  I really think they make me sleep better Smiley Happy.  

Esteemed Contributor

I used to love my flannel, but now I just want Polarfleece as soon as it gets cool. It's soft and comfortable. I run cold so it's double perfect for me.

Nothing makes you want to stay in bed forever like fleece. And love it when the house is very cool.

Respected Contributor

I got the polar fleece that was the tsv.  I am a hot and sweaty sleeper.  I hate flannel and the way it feels and hate the pilling of polyester sheets.  I figured cotton was the only thing for me.  I got these sheets and you can sleep on them for a while and still return.  There is no way to know if you will like them without sleeping on them.  I have slept for two nights and have not been hot.  I wake up feeling like I am sleeping in soft warm hug.  So far I love them. 

Respected Contributor

I got rid of all my flannel sheets. I love my Malden Mills Polar Fleece. They are on my all time favorites list from QVC! 

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@petepetey wrote:

I was swayed by a presentation last week and bought microfleece sheet set. Now

that I have them they seem thick. I have not opened the package so I can return them.

Which is better flannel or microfleece?

Flannel lasts about a season and then they pill and aren't so soft. That is what I am used to though.

Are microfleece too warm, too soft, downside?

@petepetey ... I guess it depends where you live. I live in Northern Wisconsin where we get down to 30 below zero in the winter. We prefer the microfleece, as they are so cozy and warm. Like you said, flannel pills and gets rather scratchy by the end of the winte...even the good Portuguese cotton flannel. Maybe it's because we grew up with flannel that DH and I prefer the comfort of microfleece...something different, I guess.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

Flannel sheets fit the bed tighter. Fleece are knit ,and they stretch. I like the tighter fit of flannel ,a bit better

The fleece are softer ,so for me its kind of a toss up

Honored Contributor

Flannel, but good quality.

I won't buy anything made out of polyester.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh