Super Contributor

Microfleece sheets or flannel?

I was swayed by a presentation last week and bought microfleece sheet set. Now

that I have them they seem thick. I have not opened the package so I can return them.

Which is better flannel or microfleece?

Flannel lasts about a season and then they pill and aren't so soft. That is what I am used to though.

Are microfleece too warm, too soft, downside?

Honored Contributor

Re: Microfleece sheets or flannel?

I'm not a fan of, nor do I own either.  The thing that would concern me is the static electricity associated with the microfleece.  I don't know if that's even an issue, but it would definitely affect my decision if it were.

Just a thought to consider.

Super Contributor

I too got caught up in the presentation of the fleece sheets but will be returning them.  I ordered the queen size blanket and did not like it.  It was two blankets attached and way too heavy for me.  In addition, living in a colder climate with the heat running throughout the winter and carpeting on most of my flooring, static electricity is a problem for me.  I get zapped just turning on a lamp at times.  I need softener added to my laundry to help control this and you shouldn't use it on the fleece.  For those that like them, great, but not for me.

Honored Contributor

I 'm a fleece sheets convert. They are so warm and soft, better than flannel. My bedroom is pretty cool, and with the fleece there is no warm up period.Give them a try.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Flannel.  I really love the Cuddle Duds brand.  I get them at K...s.  Use my % off coupons when they are on sale.  Order online with store pickup.  No shipping costs.

Valued Contributor

I really prefer the microfleece.  I have sets that are a couple of years old and they stay soft.  I bought the tsv.  Always like to have an extra set.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm all for good quality flannel. You get what you pay for.

Because I'm in the cold, cold North flannel is on the bed a good 7-8 months of the year. I have a set of Land's End 6oz flannel and it's much softer than their 5oz. I stalked the sales and waited for clearance.

This week I bought WS flannel sheets in tartan plaid for the holidays. Made in Portugal, great quality and soft. I got the king set on sale for $149. 

Microfleece is just cheapin' around.

Honored Contributor

Flannel,because they are natural material the microfleece just is too hot ,because your body sweats.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

I do not own either.  No matter how much they fluff of the sale, Fleece is fleece, polar ect. I am always hot when I sleep.  100% cotton all yr, I never change.

Respected Contributor

I like both!  But when temperatures dip down into the 30's and below, for me, fleece is the the warmest. 

Casa Zeta-Jones presented flannel sheets made in Portugal yesterday evening that I'm going to purchase.  Lands End flannel sheets are also made in Portugal but I love the magenta and rose colors in Catherine Zeta-Jones' line.