Trusted Contributor

Maybe, if they just listened to their customers

I’ll bet we can come up with many reasons why this happened. In fact, I think you will find many good reasons already listed in sections entitled Q-Talk & Suggestion Box & Customer Care

http://www.pymnts.com/news/retail/2017/qvc-parent-profits-down-16-percent-in-q4/

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Maybe, if they just listened to their customers

I totally agree -- listen to what your customers want. I never sit and watch the Q any more simply because the same things are shown over and over. People don't want to sit and watch an hour show on a tsv, nor do they want to see the same products all the time. They need to find new product lines. 

One of the biggest problems I see with QVC is the shipping costs. They need to be more like Amazon and Wal-Mart -- free shipping on orders over a certain amount or do the free shipping with an annual charge. 

There are too many business on tv or online who want the customers $$ to continue doing the same old stuff. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It didn't surprise me since they have the same old vendors and very little variety. Many customers are shopping online at retailers that offer deep discounts and free shipping. The penalty of being charged for return and S&H leaves the Q to be the least desirable place to shop.  I have been out shopping and find many items that are on sale for spring/summer. Many of the styles that they have brought forth on this channel are not in any of the big retail chains or the small businesses. I buy all my clothing at the B&M stores or online. Also, they have very little selection in petites. Yesterday I went to the Banana Republic and bought a jean jacket for $25.00 including tax that was originally sold for $88.00. Macy's is giving customers 15%-20% off new merchandise. So, we only have to look around and see why no one wants to shop and be penalized for purchases.

Trusted Contributor

I have been with QVc from the start. I had 3 kids and no mall close to me so i did watch and shop. I have to say i am getting bored with the same old stuff. I do not like Logo, and not much of Susan graver, like Dooney but not the leather bags, so don't watch much of that. Not a fan of cooking shows, so not much else left ! I now have malls close to me, and am kind of liking the fact that i can try on, and buy right away. I am getting tired of shipping costs, and the fact that sizing is hard to be accurate. I shop chicos, when they have good sales or kohls. i am cutting back on clothes purchases due to sizing and shipping costs. I like the jewelry shows, but i get bored so i tape some and zoom right past items i do not like. I have to say that QVC's  customer service is the best i have ever found, just wish they had better values, i remember they used to say that because they buy in volume they can pass savings on to you. but it seems like most stufff can be purchased elsewhere at the same price.

Honored Contributor

At one time QVC had a niche.    They were the #1 jewelry retailer in the country.    Now it's like they don't know what they want to be when they grow up. 

They broadcast 24/7 but you still have to go to the website for detailed product information.    The search engine is pitiful.    I can never find the same thing twice.

The presenters are personalities, not salespeople.   Don't even get me started.

Make up your mind, QVC, find your niche.

@Havarti

Honored Contributor

I think it's the fact that there is so much competition out there.  Also QVC's has an old demographic.  They can't attract younger and more affluent shoppers and those are the women who spend the most on clothes, make up etc.  I think it's a catch-22 for QVC.  They don't want to turn off the established the customer is probably averages 63 years old and has been loyal from the beginning, so they cater to that customer.  But, by doing so, they turn away 28 year olds who think of QVC as their mother's shopping channel. But 28 years spend more and shop more often.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

They certainly don't listen to me.  I refuse to buy tunic length tees and why they offer it in the smaller sizes is just stupid.  My requirements are not the same as someone who is body conscious and desires to hide figure flaws.  It seems incomprehensible to me that designers like IM and Logo continue to measure their garments as if we all want to wear a tent or anything A-line.   I don't require that and it should be evident by the small size that I order and have always ordered since 1996.   The requirements of smaller bodied women are not the same as larger bodied women.   Don't get me started on the elephant sized pockets IM puts on the backside of his jeans.   

Esteemed Contributor

Word!

Who wants clothing that is over-priced, generic, poor fabrics, crappy finishes, and too baggy and shapeless?

Who wants to buy color cosmetics when it costs you shipping both ways if the color is wrong?

Who wants to buy $$$ TSVs including skincare when you only get 30 days to decide if it works for you?

Who wants overpriced, generic jewelry? 

And don't even get me started on 12 hours out of 24 spent on one TSV.

I can't remember when I sat through an hour of QVC. I rarely even have it on as background. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Occasional Contributor

Susan Graver's clothes have become over priced, cheap material and poorly made. I will not buy her clothing again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardensla wrote:

Word!

Who wants clothing that is over-priced, generic, poor fabrics, crappy finishes, and too baggy and shapeless?

Who wants to buy color cosmetics when it costs you shipping both ways if the color is wrong?

Who wants to buy $$$ TSVs including skincare when you only get 30 days to decide if it works for you?

Who wants overpriced, generic jewelry? 

And don't even get me started on 12 hours out of 24 spent on one TSV.

I can't remember when I sat through an hour of QVC. I rarely even have it on as background. 

Shoekitty said

I agree!  I shop elsewhere with free shipping, free returns.  Sales, promos, reward points and even free gift wrap.  It costs 10 to 20 dollars to try on a pair of shoes here at QVC!  I saw a pair of earthies I liked, went to amazon.  Free shipping and returns, although I paid about the same price qvc offered, it was less, minus shipping.  Plus I get the items in 2 days.

sales are abundant online.  Most every store, whether online or b&m guarantees satisfaction, and returns now a days.  Forget most make up, I buy it online ..same product for free shipping, mrrebates, reward points.  Bought a bunch of Perricone half off on his site.  Plus I received 8% rebate and a free face wash.  Can't beat that!