Honored Contributor

Re: Mass shooting in a yoga studio

[ Edited ]

Well this happens in other places beside Fla .so I don't think they sould be singled out... AS Pogo once said, we have met the enemy, and they is us

Honored Contributor

Re: Mass shooting in a yoga studio

@Jazzygurl wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Jazzygurl wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Jazzygurl wrote:

Florida has a long dark history and reputation because of their gun laws.  Florida is always in the news for some gun related matter.  Florida is on a list of states that I do not care if I ever set foot in.

@Jazzygurl  I'm still trying to figure out why you thought Florida's Stand Your Ground Law had anything to do with this shooting. 

He wasn't defending himself and he commited suicide.

I guess since you didn't answer the first time I won't get an answer this time, either.

The answer is clear as day.  Until this country face its problems with it's obsession with gun ownership incidents like this will continue.  Your question should be is why is it that situations like this mainly occur in the US.  

@Jazzygurl  This wasn't a Stand Your Ground issue as you originally stated.

That's what I questioned.

The rest is meant for a different discussion.

I know it was not a stand your ground issue, but Florida is known for some of its awful policies and laws relating to guns.  The state has earned its dubious reputation no matter how many good and nice people live there.

@Jazzygurl  Ok.   Your original post said it was expected because of the Stand Your Ground rule.

That was the only sentence and that is what I responded to.

Truce.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh