Respected Contributor

Re: Make sure you remove your eye makeup

My elderly aunt used gobs of eye makeup including green and blue shadow caked on. She never removed it, not even for her cataract surgery. Died at 101 with blue eyeshadow intact.

Respected Contributor

ewwww....eyes and nails.   

I remember a high school classmate who looked like she never removed her mascara completely   She had a very pretty face but all you really noticed was the thick gobs of mascara. 

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Esteemed Contributor

@cherry,   I glanced from the news screen page, TODAY and read a few sentences, actually never reading what the entire story.

BUT!

Looking at her heavily applied 'eye' mascara, I thought how very strange, not having Common Sense.... even- for anyone wearing mascara for (1) time!-??  

And this was not removed for 25 years? -??

She is a VERY Fortunate woman if her sight -eyes were nor affected. Vision with after effect, later, also.

Never heard of anything like this or have seen any case history, thus far.  

How very dangerous and so senseless. Her corneas could have been damaged, not to mention (scream) severe infection and/or loss of vision. 

Respected Contributor

Ever since I was a little girl my grandma taught me to always remove any make up before going to sleep. And I always do.

Honored Contributor

I'm not doubting that her eye problems were caused by the mascara; even rubbing you eyes would cause flakes of the mascara to get into your eyes.

I question the 25 year line; that is a long, long time and only her word to go by.

Old masacara would eventually flake off and worse her eyelashes would start to fall out.

The new mascara certainly was not going on the way it should; the old mascara had to be flaking off at the new application went on.

Plus flakes of mascara in her eyes certainly would be causing irritation; 25 years of itchy eyes is a stretch.

I didn't look at the pics.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

WARNING : Very GROSS..Think Twice Before You

Click On The Site !