Frequent Contributor

I know that it’s an addiction, but what can I say.  I scan through the “as is” items once a day to look for bargains.  Today when I scanned through every item had an increase in price.  Example: nail kit was $4.00 and today it’s $5.00.  Almost everything has a bump in price.  Is it me or isn’t this a bit of a ripoff?

Respected Contributor

Re: AS IS prices all bumped up

I haven't noticed today when scanning that the prices have changed, but have noticed it in the past.

BTW - it's the FIRST time I've seen any Lock & Lock in the "as-is" section.  It's only a couple of dollars in savings, but if you were looking for the set with insulated bag that was sold out, it looks available in several colors.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@DeeDT- I don't always check things that often, but I have a few items I've ordered from "As Is" recently, so I just had a look.

You're absolutely right - they've all been bumped up by one to two dollars at least.  How on earth is that possible, if they're items that were sitting there all along?  Same "As Is" item numbers?  Sometimes I keep things in my wishlist for days that they might offer free S&H.

With this increase, that benefit is partially gone.  Maybe that's what they're doing?  Offsetting the cost of S&H?  Or the cost of storing these things in the warehouse?

Whatever the reason, I agree with you.  (And just means I won't bother ordering those things, when I know I could've paid less.  Especially with "As Is", you're taking a chance on the condition.)

Honored Contributor

I have noticed that sales prices can fluxuate too

Trusted Contributor

I have noticed an increase in the price of the lunchtime specials which has turned into a joke, imo!  If qvc has stock they're trying to get rid of I won't be taking it off their hands any time soon.  It doesn't surprise me either to hear that they're jacking up prices a buck here a buck there wherever they think no one will notice.  

Respected Contributor

It’s not you.

@DeeDT wrote:

I know that it’s an addiction, but what can I say.  I scan through the “as is” items once a day to look for bargains.  Today when I scanned through every item had an increase in price.  Example: nail kit was $4.00 and today it’s $5.00.  Almost everything has a bump in price.  Is it me or isn’t this a bit of a ripoff?

Honored Contributor

LOL.  I thought prices looked higher.  I had something in my cart Sunday at $12.  Today it's $13.  That's when I knew it wasn't me.

Honored Contributor

@puttypiesmom wrote:

I have noticed an increase in the price of the lunchtime specials which has turned into a joke, imo!  If qvc has stock they're trying to get rid of I won't be taking it off their hands any time soon.  It doesn't surprise me either to hear that they're jacking up prices a buck here a buck there wherever they think no one will notice.  

Yes, lunchtime specials keep getting less and less special.

Honored Contributor

I think they make up their pricing policy as they go along.  When in doubt, they give the item a new item number and pull a new price out of the air.

Contributor

Even the clearance price items went up in price.  I think that is ridiculous.  I was looking at my Wish List and most of the items went up in price.  I think once it is at a clearance price, it shouldnt go up.