Valued Contributor

Re: AS IS prices all bumped up

I think once the price comes down on something, it should never be marked up.  Keep marking it down...

Honored Contributor

I don't know how they come to the numbers they use for pricing. I DO know that the savings on the Lunch and Primetime specials can vary WIDELY to the point of being ridiculous.

An item is on clearance and then goes on Primetime Special. The discount? $5. That's it. But wait, ANOTHER item on clearance is ALSO a Primetime Special. The discount? 50% of the discount price which is already almost half off the QVC sales price; now THAT is a great deal.

See it all the time. No rhyme or reason to it.

Respected Contributor

Shopping is a game.  You win some, and you lose some.  Personally, if I am going to stalk items, I wouldn't think to do it at QVC.  They aren't known for great deals, even tho I definitely manage to find some as I'm comparing prices, so it's all good.  I personally don't care what QVC does with their pricing, but like some of you, it does seem odd to raise a clearance price.  Of course, 20% off isn't my idea of a clearance.  LOL.   

Honored Contributor

I have noticed with both as-is and the LTS, that how great of a deal depends on how much of the item is in stock.  Greater amount of inventory?  Less special of a price.  Very limited inventory?  Much better pricing.

For example, I too always check as-is.  If there is a top that is 50%+ off, I know it's only in a size or 2 and one color choice.  

I have noticed that as-is pricing isn't as great of a deal as it used to be. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is disappointing that they are charging so much fror returns, samples, etc. I used to buy A LOT from As Is with great success. Not any more.

On the other hand, I just bought a DG2 top, Curations scarf, and Curations capri's which took a 20% off coupon. All free shipping. My total for the entire outfit was about 68 bucks.

Esteemed Contributor

As an avid AS IS buyer I noticed it.  And what I also noticed is Walmart has a really good sale section online that has bottom price points.  So I will look elsewhere.