Respected Contributor

Re: Mail Delivery and Trash Pickup

@ECBG wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

Mail delivery is great but trash is another story....days late & the cost has gone from $53.00 quarterly in 2021 to $70.00 with a warning the cost may increase again this year.

@kitcat51 

If you're in the city, call your city council.  If in the county, a county commissioner.

There isn't a County trash hauler, we have to find our own & the company I'm using is the cheapest available. I may have to drive my trash to the dump if the price continues to go up...ugh. Anyway, Thanks for the suggestion @ECBG.

Respected Contributor

Trash as been an issue since the fall. Right now I have trash that has not been picked up since Thursday. Don't know when they are coming but it is overflowing. Staffing issues we were told. Starbucks drive thru always has a line with a minimum of five cars. Saw no cars which was unusual so I thought I would go. Went to order and there was a sign closed due to staffing issues. My grocery store has gone to ALL self service checkouts.....no one to work.

Respected Contributor

oh, just one more thing. Amazon still manages to deliver and on time. 

Honored Contributor

Except for the 2 holiday Saturdays, we have had decent garbage pickup.  The time of day isn't reliable, but they have been showing, both early and late from what used to be.  

Same with mail.

On the other hand, I went to Publix mid-afternoon yesterday where I did fine along most of the exterior aisles, but lots of emptiness in frozen veggies and many products in the interior aisles of the store.   Fortunately, I live close to a half dozen supermarkets, so I will head out to a different one very early today.

Respected Contributor

I have WM in Pa. and have had no problems so far. Mail has always been iffy for the past 3 or 4 years. I know there is supposedly issues getting drivers where you need a CDL, so maybe that's the problem with garbage, but the mail is a whole different ball game. During the summer it was really bad. I spoke with the mail person (who was the boss). She was delivering because she said they couldn't keep help and it takes about 3 months or so to train a person.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No problems where I am. Trash and recycling picked up on time where I am. Mail delivered even in snowstorms.

People ARE working, the unemployment rate is a pandemic low of 3.9 percent. They are leaving jobs that pay less and treat people like... for better jobs.

Maybe people who seem to enjoy constantly disparaging others who leave those jobs should leave the keyboard behind and pitch in and help out.

We are also in an omicron surge that is affecting every sector. People can't go to work when sick and also spread that to serve the public or any individual.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

Our USPS mail and trash pickup have continued on schedule as usual without any issues.  Some Amazon deliveries have been slightly delayed here and there.

Honored Contributor

We had no mail delivery the Monday & Tuesday after christmas. I know USPS was out in the hood here and there but not us. There was no sub to do the delivery. By Wednesday our regular guy was delivering, he had a lot more for us than usual due to two missed days.

We never know when the trash will be picked up it seems. Tuesday is our day for that but this week it didn't happen until Friday I think. Yesterday I went out to take trash out only to find we had trash/garbage on the ground just outside the (300 gal) dumpster we co-use with our next door neighbor. It was disgusting., and if I didn't clean it up no one would have including the neighbors. That too is digusting!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mail delivery is still spotty.  We usually get it by 9:00 pm.  You need a flashlight to get the mail. Our mailbox is not at the house.  Walking on snow and ice to reach the mailbox in the dark is scary.  Also averages about 4 days a week.  Days we don't get mail are Friday and Mondays.  &Saturdays. Pretty much the week end.  Heaviest mail days are Tuesday.  They pile up it and deliver it. About 10 or so years ago, the P.O. floated this idea about mail delivery staggered.  (3 days a week) Each neighborhood getting different days.  It was voted down by the PO board. I think it's becoming de facto. The worst delivery is in the country in in  D.C.  Since I'm in Maryland, stands to reason our delivery is not good.  USPS package is good though ironically.

Rarely have any trouble in trash collection/recycling. They are really good about it. 

Honored Contributor

No problems here.  I get the mail only once a week so I guess I wouldn't notice if there was a problem.