Respected Contributor

Mail Delivery and Trash Pickup

We have only been receiving our mail about once or twice a week now.  And now our trash pickup is delayed.  We were instructed by our HOA to still take our garbage out as we always do and that Waste Managment will come when they come.  Recyclables has stopped until further notice.  We're to put it with our regular garage.  It's because of Covid and not enough staff.  Anyone else having issues?  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mail Delivery and Trash Pickup

No mail issues but trash/ recycling are horrible.  Frequently need to leave it out until the next day or even the day after.

Respected Contributor

No, it hasn't happened in my area yet, but I would'nt be surprised if it did. 

Respected Contributor

Saturdays I haven't been getting mail for a while.  Friday was no mail as we had a snowstorm.  I get much less mail anyway as most of my bills and statements are paperless.

No problems with trash and recycling pickups so far.

Esteemed Contributor

Other forces at play.

USPS sent a letter last week. Likely fall on deaf ears.

Trusted Contributor

In my immediate neighborhood--I live in a rental community--we are having trash pick-up and mail delivery most days. The mail issue turns up when my carrier has reached his allowable hours. There is no one to replace him.  Within a ten mile radius, post offices have been closed down since right after Christmas, banks--when open--have only drive through lines, and recycling has stopped.  Starting today, some bus routes are running on limited hours.  Our urgent care locations are open only on week days.  Add a snow storm on top of this, and life feels isolated.  We had no snow removal where I live because staff members are not available.

Honored Contributor

Lots of things in this world are beyond our control and I don't see it getting anything but worse in the future.  Covid, then some people don't like their jobs and quit and apparently can live without working.  I don't understand the world today. 

Mail and trash are inconveniences when they are off schedule.  Food, water and power are problems.   I don't know what is going to happen.  

Trusted Contributor

We had mail delivery problems for years..then a few months ago it started being delivered like it should be....suddenly, we haven't had mail in three days...and we did have mail scanned....so here we go again. The city has an app that tells you if and when your trash and recycling will be delayed....the worst was recycling was a day late in pickup, but no problem, bulk trash is another issue...they were three months behind after a big storm and have never really caught up. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner some folks making tough decisions.

I may be joining them. 

It's not about wanting to work.

Honored Contributor

Haven’t had problems with either thank goodness. Mail around four pm as usual and trash twice a week around three thirty. Can’t remember the recycle day as husband does that. With the trash they even come down the driveway to the bin the cans are kept in.