Trusted Contributor

Victoria.

I have several issues from the late 80's and early 90's.

The magazine went out of production for several years, then came back.

I save these too.

The beautiful photos and dialogue take me away to a more gentle time.

Honored Contributor

I am down to 2 magazines from a high of 20.  Most went out of business and others just got repetitive or changed with new editors (Bon Appetit and Cooking Light are two that became huge disappoinments with new editors).

WW magazine runs out in April of this year and Eating Well runs out in 2021 (I kept rolling other subscriptions into Eating Well and this one may outlive me!)

As stated by others, I really like reading a paper magazine.  I tried a few subscriptions online to read on my tablet, but I didn't enjoy the experience.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I no longer read magazines.  They have changed so much - too many ads and the same uninformative articles.  Even People - I really liked that magazine, but it too has changed.

I used to be a magazine fan - started with High Lights as a young child.  My mother subscribed to all the women's magazines and I continued the habit for many years.  I remember Look, Life, McCalls, Good Housekeeping, Redbook, Reader's Digest, Woman's Day, Family Circle - Mom got them all.  My dad used to get the detective type magazines.  In addtion to those mentioned, in my teen's of course I was interested in the music and teenage magazines.  In my 20's I changed to Cosmopolitan and a monthly horoscope book my friend and I used to read.

Honored Contributor

Southern Living is the only magazine delivered here.   

Valued Contributor

I get Food Network and Cooking Light magazines.

Esteemed Contributor

I subscribed to People for years but I'm giving them up since there are so many "people" I don't recognize anymore.  And the ads, my goodness, it seems half the magazine is nothing but ads.  I also subscribed to Allure years ago, that was a good magazine, always enjoyed it.  I am not into magazines anymore and because after I read a book or magazine they are still like new and I hate to throw them away.  Yes, I know I can donate them and I have. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

For many years, I've been subscribing to Opera News and Bookmarks.

Contributor

I used to subscribe to a couple of cooking magazines but haven't for many years. Recently I subscribed to two cooking magazines and am thinking of subscribing to two more.The price is excellent through magazine.store (look for a discount code) or through Taste of Home's website.

I'm getting six issues of AllRecipes for only $1.90 (before discount was only $3) and four issues of Kraft Food & Family for only $5.99 (was $9.98 before discount).

Esteemed Contributor

“Magazines” is at the top of my “NO” buying list...and not for the first time. I don’t subscribe to any but get some associated with memberships or associations and some of those I flip through and toss. The only one I really read/enjoy is from our electric co-op. 

I don’t like reading periodicals online. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone. Interesting to read all the replies!

Yes there are way too many ads in magazines now. One time I tore all the ads out of the O magazine just to see how many and had a stack and there wasnt  alot to the magazine lol.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller