Honored Contributor

Woman's Day is the only subscription I have.  Well I do get the newspaper and the bi-monthly magazine from AARP.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

google "free magazines" and you can get so many without paying for them. I usually recycle afterwards but if I am going to the dentist or waiting at the Drs. I will cut out my address label & leave it in the waiting room so others can read it. My dentist really cut back on the magazines. 

Spoiler
wi
Super Contributor

@Carol Diane wrote:

I subscribe to 26 magazines.  Love to have an actual magazine in my hands, rip out what I like, put it down when I want,  pick it up and start where I left off.  I've been a magazine junkie since I was a teenager!

I love magazines too, for the same reasons you do! I buy a lot of them. I probably should subscribe to get the savings. Love books too, it's very dangerous for me to go to Barnes &Noble!

Super Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I rarely pick up magazines in the stores.  But usually, when I'm in Barnes & Noble, I'll go by the magazine stand to see what European knitting magazines are available.  (They have the best patterns!)

I do subscribe to New York Magazine (print & digital versions), Archaeology Magazine, and Vogue Knitting (print & digital) ... and have for 20+ years.  I used to get Vegetarian Times ... but I let that lapse.  Their website has all the recipes. 

I have a couple of magazine subscriptions via Kindle.  Digital subscriptions are really handy.    

I love knitting magazines too. I should try a digital subscription to cut down on clutter. That's a good idea.

Super Contributor

@lmt wrote:

Years ago I probably subscribed to about 15-20 magazines. Most of them are now gone - McCall's, Ladies Home Journal, Mademoiselle, More, Self, All You. 

I recently let my subscription to Reader's Digest, InStyle and Allure lapse. InStyle changed so much; not only did the physical size of the magazine shrink, but so did the content. Allure really went down the tubes when they devoted the entire magazine to just one beauty issue each month. Bad move!!

Right now I still subscribe to Good Housekeeping, First for Women, Redbook, Vanity Fair and Woman's Day. I plan on letting them all lapse except for First for Women, that's always been my favorite.

I used to get More magazine every month too! Loved that it catered to women over40. Too bad that it couldn't survive.

Honored Contributor
I subscribe only to Southern Living. Love every part of it. No others. I can see or read everything else I need online.
Honored Contributor
Bradsdeals usually has some links to cheap magazine deals. I got espn magazine for my SIL for three years for $7. He travels a lot and takes it to read when he is stuck in airports and can't get internet. Then he leaves it there for others.
Trusted Contributor

I used to get a lot of freebie magazines. I still get Health magazine for free. I take them to the gym when I'm done. I do receive Life Extension magazine. So many of the women's/fashion mags today have gone downhill (imo). I no longer am interested in what they have to say.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Esteemed Contributor

I gave up magazine subscriptions and directly buying them years ago. The problem with them for me is that I ended up with a stack of them that continued to grow and grow. I don't have room for them, period. Thankfully I've lived without them for over a decade.

Honored Contributor

Has anybody subscribed to "texture"?  It's an app where for a fee, you can download dozens of magazines.  They have all the most popular ones.  Read them at your leisure and save them forever, if you like.  I subscribed for awhile until I figured out all those magazines were eating up the memory in my tablet.  I first heard about it during a free trial offered on HSN.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment